Author Topic: Pond And Corvette Pictures  (Read 3094 times)

Offline 2vetts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/08/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Pond And Corvette Pictures
« on: October 13, 2009, 04:23:13 PM »
Pond Pictures

Offline 2vetts

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Pond And Corvette Pictures
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 04:23:54 PM »
More Pond Pictures

Offline 2vetts

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 04:24:29 PM »
Corvette Pictures

Offline jw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 22/02/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 05:12:15 PM »
Man you are so fortunate to have your own very nice pond that you built and also to have that grandiose one shared by your community  O0. Love your vettes too..............when I was 16 yrs old I had a boyfriend who drove a yellow vette  :D. What a fun car they are to drive in...............he used to let me shift for him but never allowed me to drive it  ::). It was his baby and I guess he was afraid I would wreck it  :o. I prolly would have  {:-P;;.

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 05:30:11 PM »
Okay, 2vettes, you gave us the pics, now tell us the year for each Corvette. This is for my wife. She is guessing that the front one is a C5 and the year is 2000. I'm interested in knowing how old the other one is. I'm guessing early 60's.

Oh, nice ponds, too. :)
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline mascot

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 08:17:49 PM »
maybe I'm missing something but I only saw two vettes???  I like the classic...and it's my color, so.... 

But still I didn't seen any pond pics.  lol
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 07:34:05 AM »
Keep looking BToo, the pond pictures are there. He has more than one and a lovely house to boot. The second Vette may be '63 or '64. If DH was here, he'd know. Somehow he knows what year the headlights were a certain way or the grill changed and all that.

His first one was Yellow 67 with black rag top, 427 motor and chrome side pipes. He still gets tears in his eyes when he talks about it. LOL. Since 1982, he/we've had a 1976 Stringray with white interior. Several years ago he stripped off the white paint and redid it to an Autumn harvest red (maroonish red) and put in a new small block.

Offline 2vetts

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 07:43:41 AM »
yes , 2000 and 1966 . lucky is exactly right as what we have has required no skill on my part . it really bothers me that we have so much 'stuff' and i am so so unhappy .  i guess i should tell others '' don't be concerned with 'stuff' but find what makes you happy'' .

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 09:01:34 AM »
Big pond to die for AND a personal pond?!!!  You don't need toooo much now do you?  8-)~ Gorgeous home and vettes too.

Offline KatFish

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Members
  • With us since: 20/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2009, 09:51:02 AM »
I'm sorry you're unhappy.  If there's ever anything I can do, I am local and willing to lend a hand or an ear.  Just a thought.  Oh, and don't worry about not being exactly outgoing - I'm pretty much a private person too.  Feel better!  :hug:

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2009, 11:51:23 AM »
Sorry 2vetts. Isn't that the way?? After we acquire what we think we want, the fun kind of goes out of the wanting.

Offline mascot

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2009, 12:36:04 PM »
"True happiness is not measured by what others see around you, but by what they see in you."
                                                                                         -Sum Dum Gy
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline jw

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2009, 03:48:58 PM »
Did you write that Micheal...............Sum Dum Gy  lol

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2009, 05:42:45 PM »
Funny BToo.

Offline 2vetts

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2009, 12:28:54 PM »
miss/mrs katfish ,thank you very much , just the reply worked wonders . incidentally, i'm old enough to be your grandfather but not old enough to be grownup [whatever that is] . 

Offline mascot

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2009, 01:28:51 PM »
oh great, I finally say something profound and people laugh at me.

back to being a smartass!  lol

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2009, 01:43:08 PM »
NOOOOO, I meant the "SUM DUM GY". It sounded like a Chinese dish.

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2009, 05:34:32 PM »
it really bothers me that we have so much 'stuff' and i am so so unhappy .  i guess i should tell others '' don't be concerned with 'stuff' but find what makes you happy'' .

What makes YOU really happy?

I've been way busy lately, and not really up on this forum, so I'm sorry if I missed something.

It bothers me too (too much stuff). Why so unhappy, though? Kevin and I have a ton of hobbies, and I don't really think those hobbies make us "happy". We love ponds, old cars, old radios, Lego brand toys, old glass from the 30's, trains, music, and so much more. It's not the "thing" that brings happiness to us, it's the challenge. The challenge of keeping an old car (or the even greater challenge of restoring one), creating a filtration system for our pond that can withstand our climate (can't be done- but still trying!), or the challenge of rebuilding an old radio. Or the challenge of finding the missing parts from the classic yellow Lego castle. Or the challenge of the quadruple fugue. Or researching the mark on a piece of porcelain that's a couple hundred years old.

It's all about the journey, not so much the destination. I have found that once I reach the destination in a hobby, the magic that brought me to it in the beginning is lacking. But it's really not, because it's about learning about new things and doing all the stuff you like before you die. We're all going to die... may as well enjoy the journey.

I do know about losing people, and between hubby & I, we've lost a lot of family. Maybe we're just trying to do all the stuff that they would have liked to do.
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline jw

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2009, 06:03:51 PM »
And it brings much happiness to be able to do it together w/ someone you love as Karen looks like she does with her DH o(:-).

Offline KatFish

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Members
  • With us since: 20/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2009, 06:03:26 AM »
I don't care how old or young you are, 2vettes - just want to make sure if you need something that you have someone!  I know you don't know me, but if I am ever able to help in any way - even just an ear - I'm more than happy.  Besides, I don't have a grandpa anymore, so you could be a surrogate  lol  @O@

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2009, 10:16:12 PM »
Hmmm.  I can't decide which I like better - the pond or or the vet.  But I know this for sure.... If I had to choose between the two cars, I'd take that second Corvette, the older one.  VERY sexy!! 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"