Author Topic: Nice News  (Read 1549 times)

Offline KatFish

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Members
  • With us since: 20/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Nice News
« on: October 16, 2009, 06:07:34 AM »
Well, it's been a mixed-bag here lately.  Lots of stuff going haywire.  I've been in school for pre-nursing (going for my RN) at my local college.  They're one of the top 3 in the state for nursing.  Well, they lost their national accreditation!   >:(-  I hope they can get it back, or it really limits my work options.  But, to the good news, I got an invite into Phi Theta Kappa!   @O@  I think I'll join, as it's an honor's society.  I'm getting all A's in my courses.  They can do a lot to help your career.  Just thought I'd share a little bit of good news.

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Nice News
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 06:41:19 AM »
Great job on the grades.

Offline jw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 22/02/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 01:54:42 PM »
That's wonderful news Katfish.............you are truly an excellent student getting all A's  ;D. I hope your school gets back it's accreditation so you can go on to get a good job as an RN  O0.

Offline fishlipsmcgee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 06:05:47 PM »
Congratulations on the good news.  I hope your school gets back it's accreditation.  There is such a long wait to get into nursing school here.  They say it's a shortage of teachers.  They make more as RNs in the field than teaching.  Congrats again on your success,  It's not an easy program. 
Shot, beaten, starved, sold for medical research...
No wonder they run so fast.
Save a retired racing greyhound.

The Racing Life...One out of two will have NO LIFE after racing - Adopt a Retired Racing Greyhound

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 08:45:39 PM »
 @O@
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline JimMcD in SVAZ

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/12/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 09:43:27 PM »
Katfish, especially with the question of accreditation, join Phi Theta Kappa.  It may help offset the accreditation problem.  Hang in there, Good luck.  Jim
I'm here on a "Free Membership", the rest of you simply aren't paying to be here.  No, it isn't the same thing.

Offline KatFish

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Members
  • With us since: 20/05/2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 07:23:15 AM »
Thanks everyone!  I'm still trying to decide what to do next - I joined PTK, and am now waiting to hear back from my advisor.  I'd like to get as much done as I can before I transfer to a more expensive college.  Thanks for the good words, everyone!

Offline tammie

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 08:58:25 AM »
Both my daughter and husband were members of PTK when they attended the smaller community college.   Both received 1/2 off tuition waivers because they were members, when they finished their degrees at the bigger 4 year universities. 
Tammie

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"