Author Topic: Photobucket  (Read 1812 times)

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
Photobucket
« on: November 12, 2006, 01:39:50 PM »
I know many people use Photobucket. I signed up for a pro account, I hated to do it since Comcast gives me free web space but it is so very user NOT friendly.

Anyway, I know how to create albums that people can see but how do I do pages for stuff like photos and animations that I want to link to forums? I don't want the people I've invited to see my garden or reunion photos to be looking at random pics and GIFs. I can't seem to find the answer on their FAQs.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline frloplady

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Photobucket
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 05:54:24 PM »
I've not used the pro just the freebie one.  Any picture I post there can be used on a web page so I'm not quite sure what you are asking..so here is a bump to see if anyone else does.

Not sure how to keep people from seeing what you don't want them to along with what you do want them to!
Mary

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 09:11:55 AM »
I'm not sure there is a way to differentiate between the two. Your Photobucket site is either public or private, whichever you choose. I have never been able to find a way to make only certain albums private and others public. I could be wrong, there may be a way but I've never found it.
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline JohnInFlorida

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • Middleburg, FL ~ Zn 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 09:35:00 AM »
LeeAnne,

Amen to comcast webpage being unfriendly ... I use mine ONLY as a place to store photos for web linking, and use "filezilla" as the uplink program. It makes it so I don't even have to go to comcast at all, just use it for a repository, and THAT makes it user friendly, IMO.

Filezilla is here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla/

Let me know if you have any questions as to how/what I do.

Keep Smilin'
John  :)
"Life is hard;
It's harder if you're stupid."
                                    John Wayne

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 11:45:03 AM »
I've been using Netscape Composer to upload to Comcast. I will check out the link you gave. There are so many times that I would like to post a picture on this or other message boards but getting them uploaded and linked is such a pain in the friggin ass.

I have my Photobucket albums public because I have my high school reunions photos there and they are linked on our class website.

I'm sure part of my problem is having an ancient computer with only 256 mgs of ram since the photo editing software that came with my camera locks up all the time. I take hundreds of photos but they sit on memory cards because I dread uploading them.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"