Author Topic: I have a new hole in my head.  (Read 1314 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I have a new hole in my head.
« on: October 24, 2009, 07:12:38 PM »
No, no one shot me. LOL

Pete and I had gone to a nice restaurant and I was eating a piece of pepper steak. I bit into it and a front tooth totally broke off at the gum line. It's the tooth between the eye/dog tooth and the center two. Nice big smile please!!! So I guess it's, "Hello dentist. Hello credit line."

Offline rdrboone

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 12/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: I have a new hole in my head.
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 07:21:55 PM »
Esther, I am so sorry about your tooth.   :'(

I broke a lower jaw tooth last Sat. night at dinner.  Spent a quick $1000+ on a new crown last Tuesday.

Ruth
Ruth

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 10:25:55 PM »
Oh no!  Was the steak that tough?   :o Did you let the waiter know what happened?  :D Going to the dentist is never a cheap decision.  :P

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 09:40:17 AM »
No the steak wasn't tough at all. It just happened right then I guess. Yes, I showed the waitress as she came to the table right after it happened and we were laughing. She said, "Is everything OK?" like they always do. I kept laughing and said, "UH, no, but the meal is fine. What happened has nothing to do with the meal." I then turned and smiled, plainly showing the blank spot. She was shocked.

When she was giving us the bill, she was saying she hoped the tooth situation was repairable and I would be OK. I said, "Sure they can fix anything with enough money." She then said, "Then I would suggest you put that tooth under your pillow tonight." We all busted out laughing real loud at that.

I don't think this can be crowned as the whole tooth is broken off but won't know until I see the dentist. I do have a partial plate that I suspect a tooth could be added to it.

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 10:03:55 AM »
Oh no, that's awful. It happened to me a few weeks ago. They had to install a post and crown. $$$$$ My dentist said it was something about how I chew that was beating the heck out of the tooth, and it finally gave out.
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 10:17:39 AM »
OH NO Esther!!  That sounds like the same tooth that I just had to have fixed....anyway, isn't this maintenance stuff that we used to never give a thought to when we were younger.....just BS!??   lol
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 11:31:03 AM »
I was wondering if women who have had babies, have more tooth trouble than men the same age. Janice suggested that our teeth take more of a beating from all the grinding and gritting we do during childbirth. But then it gets worse during the teen years. LOL

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"