Author Topic: Color your day  (Read 1224 times)

Offline turtlemike

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/11/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Color your day
« on: December 02, 2009, 03:42:43 PM »
  I have a few minutes to kill before I head up the hill so here you go.

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Color your day
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 05:55:14 PM »
Mike, you're not helping my Winter Time blues. :(
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 06:47:22 PM »
I love the way your pond photos always show the lilies amassed in huge bundles of similar colors.  (like Photo #2)

Did you say you're going to do something similar in planning the new pond?  What colors?

Offline Timgod

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Members
  • Houston, Texas Zone 9
  • With us since: 13/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Timgods Graphics
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 08:20:03 PM »
really cool shots Mike

Tim
On a quest for the elusive lilies...

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 08:27:16 PM »
cant wait to see those again!

tink

Offline turtlemike

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/11/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 07:52:28 AM »
  Aww Pondman I'm sorry.  But we are almost over the hump. In a few days the days will be getting longer.  I'm not depressed, I'm excited and chomping at the bit about everything I'm doing, especially with spring coming. 

The only thing that bothers me is when I lose seedlings due to lack of the material things that I need to support them.  Now that the island pond doesn't demand all of my work every day for a while I can get back to working in the greenhouse and building my big Skippy filter for my seedlings.  Also I am moving one of my wood stoves into the school bus in order to keep my batteries from freezing and I guess I will have to move into the bus myself until spring.
  Once I get my 1500 watts of solar panels all at the bus I should have enough power to run the pumps.  So much to do.

Yes Julles In more permanent beds especially.  What you see in that pic is plants that have been selected out of the masses of run of the mill plants for further evaluation.  I plant them about 8 ft. apart along the shore and let them jump they're pots and run wild for a few years.  What you see in the pic is mostly 3 years of growth, each clump of colors is a different plant.  Most of these plants will be thrown away as I need the space for new test plants but until then I keep them around to enjoy.
  What colors will I use ?  ALL OF THEM of course.  What order and pattern is more the question.   I would like to do a spectrum.  I sure wish there was a bright green lily flower.   

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, 10:41:05 AM »
Very beautiful photos!  I love the color grouping of so many blooms in your larrrrggggeeee ponds! 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"