Author Topic: Golfitics and Elingion  (Read 1668 times)

Offline mascot

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Golfitics and Elingion
« on: December 08, 2009, 06:14:42 AM »
I'm surprised that this subject hasn't been brought up, but what do you all think about this garbage with Tiger Woods?  I know he's human, and his personal life is his personal life, but I personally feel that if you're a celebrity this is the price you pay...your life becomes public to some extent.  What a conniving jerk he turned out to be!  I've lost so much respect for him because of what he's done, he's just another Koby Bryant as far as I'm concerned.  I'll ignore all the heresay and rumors about whay type of person he is, but the fact that he actually has "a girl at every tee", it seems, is beyond belief.  Why is it that so many people these days don't take their marriage vows seriously?? 
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Golfitics and Elingion
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 06:50:44 AM »
When you have got a gorgeous supermodel for a wife, why would you throw away an estimated 80 million plus dollars to have an affair with a cocktail waitress???  Even if he didn't have to pay off Elin to stay with him, why cheat on her?  Is he blind?
Greenwood, Indiana Zone 5-6
"umop ap!sdn w,I aw dlaH"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 07:13:41 AM »
I have been totally confused by this whole thing, meaning I never thought that Tiger Woods would be the lying, cheating, adulterer he has turned out to be.  I guess the bigger you are, the harder you fall.  Yes, he is a human being but he didn't have to make the choices he did.  Why did he get married if all he wanted to do was be a 'player'?  I am so turned off by the media coverage on this story--stations trying to boost ratings by this ridiculous charade.  It's the sensationalism that makes news these days, no matter what country it's in.

Yes, I sound judgemental.  I guess it's because as a professional of his caliber, I feel he should be more concerned about setting examples for others.  I guess he doesn't see it that way, along with a host of others before him.  I don't think any of us would be looking at these people if it wasn't shoved in our faces every time we pick up a magazine, newspaper, or turn on the TV.  I can't figure what rates as 'news' these days.  Just give me the freakin' weather, and leave opinions out of it.  I'm AM intelligent enough to figure stuff out on my own, if I'm given ALL THE FACTS.

And Brian I just wanted to point out that he married this girl and whether she looks like a supermodel or not, he made a comittment and took vows.  Would I stay with Tiger Woods?  Absolutely not.  No woman needs to be married to someone who took what was HERS and gave it away with no more thought about her AND their two children.  I don't know why people don't take their marriage vows any more seriously than they do, but I suspect he may have felt that he was above scrutiny. 
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

Offline mascot

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 07:55:57 AM »
Yeah, Elin seemed like she was a good wife to have, I mean, if she was hot and a bi#$@ then I couldn't see a reason to stay with her, but he seemed to have the best of both worlds, not only someone who loved him, but was beautiful (more than just pretty).  He blew it, who will ever trust him to remain faithful now?  You're right, LuAnn, it's not just about her looks, but I do see what Brian means...because she's who she is, yeah, why lose her for someone like the waitress?  Not because she's a waitress, but because she knew Tiger was married and was with him anyway...she already shows that she has no morals!

What a mess...  but I'd feel the same about anyone who cheats, and I know too many who have done it and don't respect them for it either!
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 08:19:50 AM »

FOR SALE: one used golf club, used to be my favorite iron. Helped me win the master's and the open...... twice. Slightly bent with several what appear to be teeth marks.

Seems that Tiger is actually no Tiger at all but rather a Cheetah....

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline mascot

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 08:28:56 AM »
LOL, Mikey.  I saw that "Cheetah" thing the other day...clever!  Good picture, too.  I wonder if she called out "FOUR?" (as in women that he cheated with) before she swung the club?  lol

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 09:04:47 AM »
LuAnn,
I hope I didn't offend you as that was not my intent.  I totally agree with you about people not taking their marriage vows seriously and it doesn't matter what she looks like to deserve to have a committed and faithful husband.  I guess I was drawing off of some life experiences that I didn't explain very well.  There is a lady at work that is very beautiful, yet she has been married twice to jerks who cheated on her and I wondered why.  If these two ex husbands (or even Tiger Woods) wanted to have sex with a gorgeous sexy woman, they could have had that at home with their wife.   I guess my point is why go rent something you already have?
Greenwood, Indiana Zone 5-6
"umop ap!sdn w,I aw dlaH"

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 09:43:39 AM »
I doubt I have to tell you my opinion on this matter. You see, it has happened to me. No I'm not beautiful. No he wasn't famous and didn't travel a lot. But 27 years ago we should have made the headlines. The only difference besides fame was that I wasn't smart enough to take a club to him or his car.
There was a poll about this Tiger thing. About 48% said they had lost respect. The rest said they didn't care. SHOCKED??? If well over half of our population have had affairs, then they know better than to point fingers at Tiger.
My doubt is that it wasn't sex Tiger was after. He probably needed some pretty thing to boost his ego while he was away from home and one thing led to another. I just can't figure out how he thought it wouldn't eventually come to light. 

Some day, our human population will be just like animals. Seeds planted hither and thither and the males going on their way. Babies being raised by people other than their parents. Even now, look at the counts out there of kids who never see their father and the fathers who, well, bed anything they can. I'm not talking down about adoption because I think it is great but look at the number of people out there who don't know who parented them and could be making babies with blood relatives.

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 10:05:00 AM »
Brian:  no you didn't offend me and after reading my post, I should have reworded it, because it sounded like I was angry with you.  Sorry about that, as it wasn't my intent either.  My point only was it shouldn't matter what his wife looked like anyway, be it supermodel or not.  I knew what you meant but I didn't explain myself well.   :)

I wish the media would give them their privacy and leave them alone.  He definitely has problems and needs to deal with them, but it doesn't need to be front page news.  And the skanks that he was with don't need to be making money from it either, that's just another form of prostitution.
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

Offline mascot

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2009, 03:02:07 PM »
A very good point has been brought up regarding this issue.  Many say that it's his personal life and none of our business, and that may be true, but many companies have invested millions on his image, and that makes his personal life up for scrutiny.  Tiger Woods makes millions in endorsements, and since those endorsements aren't always for golf, then he doesn't fall under the radar because his actions in his personal life could affect how people purchase products that these companies invest in.

And I agree with that assessment, too.  If someone is going to pay me 40 million bucks a year for my image on products ranging from cereal to automobiles, then you bet I understand that every time I do something really stupid (like cheating on a wife and children) it's going to not only affect my endorsements, but the consumers who are buying those products because of my image. 

But I've always said....that's the price you pay for fame, and becoming a celebrity millionaire - whether you like it or not, your life is on the table.  You got rich because of the people who are watching you, it's not a coincidence that those same people are going to criticize your actions. 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"