Author Topic: Maryvonne and Sean:  (Read 1212 times)

Offline CoolShades

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Maryvonne and Sean:
« on: December 16, 2009, 04:29:40 PM »
I just read Whistler has gotten  over 15 feet of snow.  8-)~   Does this also mean Vancouver has been getting socked in too?  Are you guys ready for the Olympic crowds?  It's coming soon.

Gary

Offline Sean

• Tropical Waterlily Guru
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Sean's Ponds & Patio Garden
Re: Maryvonne and Sean:
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 09:36:40 PM »
Ready for the crowds??? I did live in and work Downtown during the 1988 Winter Olympics in Calgary so know what to look forward to. As for the weather, we have been lucky so far, we did have flurries but they are gone after only one day but we did have sub zero temps for about a week. The mountains have the snow that we have hoped for the Olympics up in the Whistler area.

Things are starting to come together for the Olympics here, however they keep digging up the streets they just paved around Olympic Village, just a few blocks from me and my route to work. I only hope they finish the construction soon because I hate spending 45 minutes to get to work when I am only 7 minutes away normally.

Cheers,
Sean
Vancouver BC Zone 8B
...........Click my Gif's............

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 10:03:19 AM »
Wow, with all the recent news about Chicago vying for the 2016 games, I didn't think about the next winter games.  It is so cool (pun intended) that you are so close to the action.  In the 1980's, Indianapolis was host the the Pan American games, but I was too young (or just plain uninterested, unfortunately) to get involved in any volunteer capacity.  One of my older sisters did, though.  I hope to work the 2012 Super Bowl, though.

Anyway, send us some photos if you can.
Greenwood, Indiana Zone 5-6
"umop ap!sdn w,I aw dlaH"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline CoolShades

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 02:42:04 PM »
Hey Sean:

I went to the Atlanta Summer Olympics several years ago and it was a mad house, so I suspect it will be similar for Vancouver, good luck on missing the crowds.  Will you try to go to any of the events.  We didn't win the lottery for our timeshare either in Whistler of Vancouver (top 6 floors of the Shearton), but I would have liked to seen the skating and some hockey.  I guess I will have to settle for the Flyers here in Philly for live events this winter. 

Have a good holiday,

Gary

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 04:04:45 PM »
HI Gary,
We will be staying as far away from Whistler and Vancouver as possible. Vanoc is doing it's best to control every aspect of our lives and we want no part of it. It's too bad you won't be able to get over for the event. I quess it could be fun but just not my thing.
We are planning a short trip to Las Vegas end of January.
We are in Victoria right now to spend xmas with family. I am using my new laptop and loving it. All our computers died at the same time a month ago so my internet time has been very limited.
I wish you and your family a happy holiday and hope the new year brings health and happiness.

Maryvonne
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline CoolShades

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2009, 11:48:55 AM »
Hi Maryvonne:

I hope the family is doing well.  Is Peter still into helicopters, it may allow for an easier commute lol.

We also wish you and the family a happy and healthy new year.

Best Wishes,

Gary

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"