Author Topic: What did everyone get for Christmas?  (Read 4881 times)

Offline Sean

• Tropical Waterlily Guru
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Sean's Ponds & Patio Garden
What did everyone get for Christmas?
« on: December 25, 2009, 07:52:51 PM »
I must have been a very good boy this year because I got the KitchenAid Artisan Series 5-quart Mixer in stainless steel that I have always coveted. I know who will be baking on his days off this weekend.

I also got some clothes that I needed since I have lost all of this weight. Finally some clothes that fit.

What did everyone else get?

Cheers,
Sean
Vancouver BC Zone 8B
...........Click my Gif's............

Offline HOWELL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 15/06/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: What did everyone get for Christmas?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 08:14:41 PM »
It may sound funny but I got a sennheiser wireless microphone...lol
Scott I'll miss you buddy... :(

Offline OldMarine

• Members
  • OldMarine
  • With us since: 25/11/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My pond pictures
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2009, 08:24:51 PM »
One of those 18 position, sixteen foot ladders. Oh boy, do I have my honey do list already cut out for me this coming spring. I remember my wife telling me to be careful what I ask for. I don't remember how Corvet could possibly sound like ladder.

And she thinks I have sellective hearing.
OldMarine
SSgt. Rich Kruger
Tacoma, WA., Zone 8
My pics at; http://picasaweb.google.com/oldmarine1969

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 08:20:02 AM »
Sean: The optional mill for that machine works pretty good should you wish to go to that extreme.  I used to bake a lot of bread and really tasty soft pretzels until the fetching one fired me for messing up her kitchen.....  {nono}  I was getting real close to making the perfect sourdough bread...... but was fired before I got it perfected......  Now I'm a regular Boudine's customer...  ;D

I got a vacuum/siphon coffee maker.  It not only makes GREAT coffee but it's fun to watch as well....
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline finnpond

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 10:00:03 AM »
 ;D O0 lol

Don't you dare laugh!!!!!!!!!!  Oh well, I can see that's not gonna stop you.......  My Honey is saving me from those cold fall and spring pond temps.....

OK, OK, you can stop any time now!!!!!

Merry Christmas Everyone...
Dave

Offline Sunbeam56

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/03/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2009, 12:46:52 PM »
i got a virtually irreplace-able Williams Sonoma coffee carafe. Mine cracked about four months ago, and finally crumbled into unusable pieces about a month ago. Fresh coffee at home!
AHHHHHHHH.  o(:-)

The best part of Christmas, tho, is the squeals when I hit the right note with a present. My daughter outdid herself in that department this year. Not expensive, just some stuff that I observed would really help her.... a foot spa, and a new pair of pajamas.
 o(:-)
She squeals really good.

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2009, 02:22:38 PM »
FinPond, I know you said not to, but...  lol   It's CUTE!

I was looking forward to morning tea and freshly homemade cinnamon rolls at a friend's yesterday, with her aunt, but, for some reason, she didn't answer the door bell, nor had she left the gates open, so there was no way I could get to the house, and I didn't have a cell phone, so, after about 15 minutes or ringing, pounding, and whistling, I gave up and went to a Mexican place to eat tamales.  She had set a beautiful table, formal china, etc., and we all were looking forward to it.   :(

Now, why would you invite people to come at a certain time, and then lock your front gate, and also not listen for the doorbell?    :-\

-two CD's from Medieval Babes http://www.mediaevalbaebes.com/
-a CD with Caribbean tree frogs - sorry can't find a link with a sound clip, but it's FAB!!
-backpack for toting wine, cheese, and a loaf of bread to the Miller Outdoor Theater, complete with plates, flatware, and wine glasses
-book Encyclopedia of Knitting (1986) which, while opening presents this afternoon, my girlfriend saw and immediately "borrowed"
-book which I gave her, which she left in its place, which I am borrowing from her, Holy Cow, an Indian Adventure (Anglo girl in India)
-gift cards: PetSmart, Shell Gasoline, Panera Bread (prolly will never use), and Star Pizza (will be used tonight)
-Felix the Cat flannel PJs (will be worn while eating the pizza)
-various earrings and necklaces from thrift stores and garage sales that I bought for myself (heck, half of this list is stuff I bought for myself!) in recent month(s) and then wrap up and put under the tree, including some cool gold-filled "squiggle" wire earrings which did NOT come from a thrift store, but were made by an artisan at the Dickens on the Strand holiday festival in Galveston
-another gift to myself:  underwater light for the pond
-from that same girlfriend, who knows me well, as Sunbeam says, it's "a hit" when someone gifts you with something that just fits: a vintage drinking glass with odd-shaped circles on it, in shades of green, that goes well with last year's similar glass with polka dots on it, plus a vintage wooden egg cup in the shape of a vaguely French-looking man, also green.  Will have fun searching the flea markets for the woman who undoubtly went with the set.

And best of all, a gift to myself, since I've finally got a lot of time, finally cleaning at least SOME of this house.  {:-P;;  Nice to be able to see the floors again.    :D

All in all, a good Christmas.

Offline Oceanbum

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2009, 07:13:23 PM »
Hubby got me a diamond palm tree necklace!! Perfect for me - remember, I AM Oceanbum!!! I love everything about the ocean - palm trees, lighthouses, pelicans, the beach!!!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 07:16:18 PM by Oceanbum »
Becky

Offline maryvonne

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2009, 08:48:59 PM »
Sounds like you people got sme great gifts. Sean you will love your mixer. I have the pro version and love it. I have been baking all our bread since I got mine, including sourdough bread. It's a great gift.
I got the laptop I have been wanting for a long time and a trip to Las Vegas at the end of January. Pete and I have never been so it should be fun. We are looking forward to it.

Maryvonne
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2009, 09:44:58 PM »
I got the laptop I have been wanting for a long time and a trip to Las Vegas at the end of January.
So will Pete be flying you down in that helicopter he picked up a year or so ago?......or is it still in the garage on his things to do list?   ;D

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2009, 07:33:34 AM »
My wife and I didn't buy gifts for each other but plan to do it after the holidays. My mom and dad got me a nice, black, flannel lined, coat that is worth $60 but they got it on sale at Kohl's. My wife got a pair of blue jeans from them. I got to spend time with family is all that mattered to me. :) @O@
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2009, 06:23:56 PM »
Sounds like most folks got good stuff, even though it might not be exactly the stuff you really wanted.

So far, I've received a blue Christmasy t-shirty type shirt, Avon face lotion and lip potion stuff. Yes, that's all. I have no siblings. We don't exchange with Pete's sister and her family. And Christmas with our kids is Friday afternoon. For the last couple of years we have told them not to get us anything----we just give to them, cash for our adult kids and gifts for the grandkids. But sometimes they do get for us. Pete did ask what I wanted and I couldn't think of anything. I had just ordered a two year membership to an embroidery machine design place and some embroidery blanks so I told him he could call that stuff my gift. As for him----he like me usually gets anything we need within reason. We spent $4000 this fall on an aluminum "blanket" that was put in the attic that is supposed to keep the heat out in the summer and hold the heat in in the winter. Then two months ago, we had a new garage door and opener installed. We both are glad we could afford it then. He's layed off over a year now so gifts aren't a priority.

Offline maryvonne

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2009, 08:18:02 PM »
Mike,
We will be flying down on a commercial flight. The helicopter is coming along. Pete has all the parts he needs and has repaired the fiberglass body. He was working hard on it until he went back to work, but now that the current project is completed he plans to get back to it. He has also reactivated his private pilate's license and now needs to do a check out flight in order to fly planes again. Once the helicopter is finished he will be going to helicopter school to get that license. He's a very busy guy!

Maryvonne
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2009, 10:07:53 PM »
My family is like Esther's, very small.  We pretty much have everything we need or can afford to buy anything within reason (did I ever mention my husband is fond of saying he would be a millionaire if he never got married to me?  >:( ).  I like homemade gifts from my kids, like cards.  On my side of the family we exchange little things that are convenient, like a bottle of fine wine  8).  We always buy gifts for kids in still in school and my mother.  My DH has family all over the world and we do not exchange girts with them. 

This Christmas DH and I gave each other a new water saving toilet, cruise to Mexico (cost us less than the new toilet), a new garage door opener (half the price of the cruise), promise of a new butterfly koi (to replace the one that just died for apparent reason  :'( ), a trip to Vegas, and a Happy New Year.  I'm sure I left something out but I do know there were a few things that we did that gave us no choice  >:(-

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2009, 10:08:11 AM »
Zip here. DH and I don't do Christmas presents anymore. We are usually too broke during the winter months. We make a bigger deal out of birthdays.

You're going to love that machine. I've had mine for about 15 years now and its been worth every penny. Get yourself an extra bowl and beater, they come in real handy. :)
I only have the grinding attachment for mine and I've used it a few times.
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline Freddie Peepers

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Members
  • With us since: 12/09/2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2009, 10:12:23 AM »
At age 48 I got my very own Bible
You can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2009, 11:23:22 AM »
Cool Bill. Now you can take notes around the edges of the pages and underline special verses. A while back my old Bible began to come apart so my folks gave me a new one. I started out moving the notes and underlining to the new one and realized it was a HUGE job. SSSooooo got the old one repaired and still am using it.

When my mom passed away, I found two nice ones in her stuff. I noticed one Sunday that the friend of my grown nephew, seemed to be having trouble finding verses in his Bible. to follow what was being said by the pastor. So I told him my mom's Bible had little tabs on the edge that makes it easy to locate what you are looking for and would he want it. HE said he did. So now most Sundays, we sit by him and there's my mom's Bible. Kind of a weird thought but makes me think of my mom when I see it.

Offline water_sprite

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2009, 03:43:49 PM »
Oh my goodness, Great gifts for everyone.

We usually go to Austin and spend time with family.  This year my 19 yo son wrecked the car 2 weeks before Christmas.  I hate the car being wrecked but am grateful he wasn't hurt.  Anyway we stayed home this year.

I got just what I asked for: a gift certificate to get my nose pierced again!   @O@
The original piercing closed up in 45 minutes!

I love Christmas and am always thrilled when it's over! {:-P;;

Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Offline Julles

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2009, 08:44:59 AM »
Sprite - how did the hole close up?  Didn't you have a stud or earring in it? 

Offline water_sprite

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2009, 10:59:37 AM »
Julles,

After having the piercing for a year, I had this brilliant thought to change the stud.  Took it out and couldn't get the new one in.  Several tried but it just wouldn't go in.  Ran to the local tattoo place and they couldn't get it in either. 45 minutes was too long!  Who'd have thought.

But I'm getting my new one today.  Can't wait!  I think it make me feel younger!  lol
Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Offline Sunbeam56

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2009, 01:37:12 PM »
Accept gracefully the lessons of age... you have earned it.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2009, 02:49:54 PM »
I finally have my new molar crown!  This is the one that was suppose to go on before Christmas until I had to put it on hold.  Vegas was calling!  Merry Christmas to me!  I can chew on the right side again!  No more pulling my temporary molar out of a mouth of food!  @O@

Offline Julles

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2009, 11:38:47 AM »
No more pulling my temporary molar out of a mouth of food!

:teehee:

Offline Roark

• Members
  • With us since: 13/05/2008
    • View Profile
    • Click2Roark
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2009, 03:52:04 PM »
Savannah gave me a custom-made draft horse saddle as an "early" gift. :)  It's precisely measured to fit my fuzzy (not-so)-little tuckus and Annie Mae's back.  Quite the hub-bub to get it all together.  They send you a test "tree" and have you mount it on the horse, take pictures and measurements, etc.  Then the rider gets measured (and in some personal spaces too!) and all this data goes back to the saddlemaker.  The result several months later is a saddle that fits me and A/M like a glove.  Heavy thing, too... about 45 lbs... but on a 1600+ draft horse, she doesn't even notice it.

Julles came down for a visit (and more than a little food and drink!) and gave me a cooler full of Full Moon seasonal ale, which is positively delish!

It was a GOOD Christmas!

Roark
You're just jealous because the Voices only talk to me...

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2010, 07:47:49 AM »
Roark: @O@ @O@ @O@ you can't say that here! {nono} lol
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2010, 08:48:40 AM »
We had Christmas here New Year's Day. I had told the kids not to get us anything but some did anyway. I got a red t-shirty top with 3/4 length sleeves and a V neck, a pink sweater sweatshirt with beautiful floral embroidery down both sides of the front, lotion, a CD, and a Memorex Photo Viewer that holds 58 pictures and can be hooked on a keychain.  Pete and I got a gift card to Menards. They are having a special this week and have 15% off whatever we can get in one of their totes. So I suspect we'll be heading there soon.

Offline livetogarden

• Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2010, 06:30:57 PM »
Rich and I received lots of gift cards to a furniture store we purchase many of our items at. Our kitchen table and chairs were burned in our house fire so we planned to purchase a new set, we received enough to do that. We have, and will continue to have, lots of out-of pocket expense due to the fire so this will really help us!! Also, my best friend gave us a substantial gift card to Lowe's. She went WAY beyond what we normally spend on each other saying "I know you guys have lots of unexpected expenses right now. I wanted to do something to offset some of those". What a best friend, huh?! o(:-)
These gifts were more silver linings to this bad situation during this Christmas time. All of this will help us so much because, as most of you probably know, insurance companies aren't exactly speedy with reimbursement checks. Our credit cards are suffering right now so these gifts will allow us to keep more purchases off the cards.  @O@
Cath
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 06:36:04 PM by livetogarden »
zone 5b

Offline Roark

• Members
  • With us since: 13/05/2008
    • View Profile
    • Click2Roark
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2010, 05:06:32 PM »
Roark: @O@ @O@ @O@ you can't say that here! {nono} lol

What... "tuckus"? :)  It's just a derivation of "tushi" or "tush". 

Mostly. HEHEHEHEH.  lol

Roark
You're just jealous because the Voices only talk to me...

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2010, 06:35:36 PM »
It's a Yiddish word and in common use, Dennis Miller, Bill O'reilly and a zillion comics use it.
It is Touchkus  you need to do the  thoaty sound.  It is a funny word.
Heck ass is in the Bible!
I hope to give you demo! lol
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

Offline jclements

• Members
    • View Profile
    • In the Garden Photoblog
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2010, 08:00:37 PM »
I received all kinds of stuff. The best part for me was having 18 days off and seeing nearly everyone in my family. I changed jobs (new one started today) and am thrilled! On our time off, we went to Wichita and Pittsburg, KS, Kansas City, MO, and back home. Even had time to install a new front door and storm door to complete our curb appeal projects!
Jessica
Dallas, TX
Photoblog:  http://jessicaclements.wordpress.com

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"