Author Topic: Another one gone  (Read 783 times)

Offline Holldoll

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Another one gone
« on: February 15, 2010, 02:36:29 PM »
I lost another koi this morning. I can't figure out what's going on. I've checked the water it's all fine.  This one had blister like things all along his belly and sides.  It's the third one we've lost since I built the new pond.  They were neglected and in a completely gross pond for the previous 4 years and now that they have been moved to this one they are dying! I'm down to just 2.  :'(

Anyone have any thoughts?

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Another one gone
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 02:50:25 AM »
Sorry you are having problems....I'm not a KHA and without pictures it's hard to tell, but I'd try to catch the remaining 2 and give them a good salt bath, this will help kill some nasties.  Also do some small water changes (30%), and add some Koizyme, it will help eliminate Aeromonas and Psuedomonas bactierias, which in excess can cause illness and ulcers in stressed fish.  Just the fact that the fish were moved to a new pond, even if the water qualities are better they are stressed.  If you have a picture, go to KoiVet and along with you ponds water quality parameters post your problems and someone there should be able to help you.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
Re: Another one gone
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 10:27:39 AM »
With the blisters I'd be concerned about possible KHV or Costia infection. Are they blisters, ulcers, or popped up scales? Maybe check the emergency section over at Koiphen? They have an EXCELLENT emergency sticky.

Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"