Author Topic: pondovac3 trial run  (Read 1364 times)

Offline 2vetts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/08/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
pondovac3 trial run
« on: March 25, 2010, 07:16:44 AM »
pondovac has been setting in basement since last fall . i tried it yesterday for first time . initially it would suck and then stop [kept running] and being familiar with point wells i thought there was an air leak . i hadn't turned fitting for intake hose into the vacuum tightly enough . i think if you have a problem that would be a good thing to check . after that it worked fine , maybe to well . we have pea gravel in the shallow part where we set plants and it sucked up quite a bit of it . any suggestions to stop that would be appreciated . i'm going to have to look more closely at inside of vac as i can't figure how debris is getting through the sponge filters . i think it must bypass them because i was getting leaves ejected from discharge hose . . .incidentally , local pond store is selling them for $250 and i paid more from webbs which had lowest price at that time. . . .peace

Offline Zoe

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 21/04/2009
    • View Profile
Re: pondovac3 trial run
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 07:23:50 AM »
We have the same problem when we try to cleanup in the gravel bog. The bags that lemoms or oranges come in (mesh) we wrap it over the hose. This helps. 

Offline PondJoy

• Members
  • With us since: 14/01/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 09:18:31 AM »
Some have suggested old pantyhose, too but I haven't tried that.  I am actually trying to get all the pea gravel up so it's great for me!

I too have been wondering about the stuff that comes out.....anyone know how/if that filter works?

Offline landey1230

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
  • Zone 9b
  • With us since: 30/07/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 08:18:48 PM »
I bought mine last Monday and have used it twice already.  The first time, I didn't use the mesh bag and allowed the water to run straight to the grass.  That left an algae of mess.  Today, I used the bag and all the algae was kept in the bag.  Not too bad.  I did experience the suction loss, but I fixed that by running the hose through the handle, into the intake, and tightening the handle in the resting position.  I've never vacuumed my pond with anything else, so I'm not sure how to rate the system.  It works.  There is a period of wait in between discharge, but not too long.  The filters inside the machine do not really serve a purpose.  I guess it would be used if the vacuum was used as a dry vac?  Don't think I would use it for anything else, but the pond.   
Alfonso

Offline bulldog

• Members
  • With us since: 08/04/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 10:00:47 PM »
The filteras are there just to keep things out of the motor and that is all there are there for .

Offline frogman3

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 21/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 06:53:36 PM »
Bulldog is correct. The filters should be cleaned after use. Just spray them off. If you use the vacuum without them you run a high risk of damage to the motor.

Offline landey1230

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
  • Zone 9b
  • With us since: 30/07/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 09:12:20 PM »
That's good to know.  Thanks.   O0  I might have taken those things off otherwise.
Alfonso

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"