Author Topic: growing lotus seed qestion  (Read 786 times)

Offline Missa

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 26/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
growing lotus seed qestion
« on: March 26, 2010, 03:54:11 PM »
I have 2 lotus seeds in water that are doing really well. One of them has roots. Will it be ok in the water for a couple more days?
It's supposed to be chilly & possibly rainy this weekend but then is supposed to get really nice after that next week. I just got the tub I want them in put in the ground (not very well but it's in) today & was thinking that if they can hold out till Monday or so then I could put them straight into their tub. I'd rather not pot them up into something smaller & then move them again a few days later.
They only have one small floating leaf each so far ... with another heading up.

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: growing lotus seed qestion
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 05:11:36 PM »
Missa, have you been changing the water out every so often? As long as the water stays clean, they should be fine. Just be careful when you plant them.
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline Missa

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 26/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 06:30:54 PM »
Yep, sure have. Changing the water as well as rinsing out the container.

Thanks.
Somehow, I knew you'd be the one to answer. LOL  ;D

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 05:35:58 AM »
You're welcome, Missa. For some reason, I feel like the only one with a lot of lotus seed starting experience. ;D
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"