Author Topic: Visitor  (Read 966 times)

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Visitor
« on: April 08, 2010, 11:11:16 AM »
For the last few weeks I have been hearing the unfamiliar but cheerful song of a visiting bird.  It was the size of a sparrow and had some yellow markings but every time I got out the camera in order to photograph and identify it, it suddenly became bashful and would fly away.  It spends most of the time gleaning insects from inside our trees but occasionally would drop down to do the same in the roses. 

This morning I was smart enough to bring the camera with me when I went out to our front patio area for my morning cup of mocha cappuccino.  Soon I heard the now familiar cheerful chatter and I was finally able to capture the little guy with my camera.  The photos are blurry because I had to use my optical zoom to enlarge the photo in order to identify the bird.  The bird is the Yellow-Rumped Warbler, a winter visitor to our area from the higher elevations of our local mountains.

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Visitor
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 11:35:38 AM »
Wow, those are still nice pics Mikey!!  I love my birds too.  I can't imagine this world without the constant chatter and songs of birds...
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 11:51:48 AM »
Very pretty bird!  Glad you were able to ID it.  So interesting!

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 01:10:41 PM »
What a cute bird. I have a whole chapter in my bird book about "confusing fall warblers". I've never really been able to identify any.

Nice camera work.
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 09:02:29 PM »

she's pretty!  Good shot.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"