Author Topic: Opinions on mulch. Mulch or no mulch?  (Read 4883 times)

Offline Bartman

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Bart's World
Re: Opinions on mulch. Mulch or no mulch?
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2010, 09:06:21 AM »
NO PINK ever!  :thumbdown:

I'm hoping the weeds won't give me too much trouble.  I do not have time for a high maintenance yard anymore.

Bart

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2010, 06:10:59 AM »
Bart,
With your modern design, I'm suprised that you are even considering mulch. I can see you going with some sort of rock. Then when the weeds come up, kill em with chemicals.
You can get rock dyed, just like the mulch.

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline Bartman

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Bart's World
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2010, 09:10:00 AM »
Rocks are nice, but with all the plants going in there they wouldn't be very practical for planting.  Rocks also add just a tad too much hardness to the final design.  I have that big cement pad for the eating area and a second, separate, "sitting room" made of more block so need to balance things a bit more.

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of mulch, but unless I just pave the whole thing or just have trees poking out of the grass I don't find a lot of appealing alternatives.  The key is to keep it looking good with a balance then I'm more okay with it.

Bart

Offline tammie

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2010, 02:52:26 PM »
Bart - here are a couple of links to pre emergents available in Canada.  That's what Preen is - a pre emergent herbicide.  I use Ronstar.  I didn't read thru the links to see if you have to have a licence to buy them...
http://www.dowagro.com/ca/prod/edge.htm
http://www.nufarm.com/CA/SearchResults
Tammie

Offline Bartman

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Bart's World
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2010, 09:04:50 AM »
Thanks Tammie.  That gives me something to go on.  I can make some phone calls and see if there is any consumer grades available.

Bart

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"