Author Topic: Miniature Pond gifts  (Read 1827 times)

Offline tracey_shafer

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Miniature Pond gifts
« on: November 24, 2006, 12:38:58 PM »

I do a Miniture show to raise money for Charity most years here in KC. We make gifts to give to everyone who attends the brunch. A few years ago we made 200 koi ponds from fimo & resin. We have many left over since we only sold about 85 brunchs that year.
I was thinking it might make a nice gift for the gift exchange or for someone who likes minis. Or just for something diffrent. A suggested donation of at least $10.00 for the pond and shipping. If you would like a fairy or merfairy added those are $5.00 each.

I wanted to let you know alittle bit about the charity the money would be going to and I had to make sure my group ok'ed that it went to them for xmas. It is a very small charity and they come to our show and help out evey year and earn their donation. Concerned Care assists people with Developmental Disabilities (such as mental retardation, cerebral palsy, autism, etc.) to live full lives in their home community. Their staff help people with every area of life activity, from feeding, bathing and dressing to paying bills, shopping and cooking, depending on what the person needs. Transportation is provided, using specially adapted vehicles as needed. Over 500 people with severe handicapping conditions receive services from the agency, whose mission is to "Maximize the Capability of People with Developmental Disabilities to Manage their Own Lives." Each person receiving services is encouraged to set goals and learn skills to help themselves become more independent. Concerned Care has served people with disabilities for 35 years and is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) corporation, so contributions are tax deductible (excluding the cost of merchandise).

I don't know if you want to add to this something about the koi in the pond being individually hand sculpted by the Executive Director of Concerned Care (just to give them a little extra sense of connection)???? Or if you think other info is needed, let me know.

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Miniature Pond gifts
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 09:00:56 PM »
Those are adorable!  I just love mini's.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 10:35:04 AM »
I bought 4 and they are so cute.

Offline cindy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 25/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 12:01:39 PM »
I have 2 and love them

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"