Author Topic: Mint  (Read 946 times)

Offline Missa

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 26/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Mint
« on: April 22, 2010, 12:40:29 PM »
I didn't know mint was like this when I planted it. I put it in with some cannas. The mint has gone nuts & I don't see any sign of life from the cannas.
Could the mint have caused this or did the cannas just maybe die? We did have a bad ... cold, wet, snow, ice .... winter this year & where the cannas are it can stay pretty wet.

Offline Indiana Karen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Mint
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 12:53:40 PM »
Don't know what your weather is like, but here in zone 5, cannas have to be dug every year.
Yes, mint is invasive but I still like, especially when you have a little patch growing out into the grass and mow it every week............it smells wonderful!

Karen

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Mint
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 08:21:52 PM »
Mint is very invasive and if you want it in an herb bed I'd suggest planting in a container.  It sends out runners underground and will take over lesser plants.  Cannas in my zone are not hardy. 
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"