Author Topic: N Pygmaea  (Read 1357 times)

Offline joejoe123

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
N Pygmaea
« on: April 23, 2010, 04:15:59 PM »
Might have spelled it wron but I got a ? about the hardiness of the lilly. I had got a start of it and a start of N minuta from walter pagles and i had the sitting side by side in my pond same hieght and eveything and my pygmea didnt make it throught the winter but my minuta did . Whats up with that ??

If anyone has a good start of pgymaea let me know i would love to get another one and i dont too much want to grow it from seed i would like a plant.

Joey
Joey Gatlin  Zone 7A   Alabama

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: N Pygmaea
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 05:22:20 PM »
Joey,
I had just the opposite, almost. My Helvola, which is a N. pygmaea hybrid, survived our Winter here in zone 7b but N. minutas were toast. Luckily, I collected seeds from N. minuta last Summer. :)
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 08:13:08 PM »
That's weird. I have lots of N. pygmaea, they're just not up yet. I hate to pick my blooms before they're ready, but if I do get plants I'd be glad to send you one.
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline Vickie

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 07:38:05 AM »
N. minuta will not survive in zone 7 outside they are tropical.  Helvola is hardy so it will winter in your pond in zone 7. My pygmea overwintered in a 15 in pond depth in zone 6 with 3 days at minus 13*F.

Offline Bearb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 29/08/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 04:02:51 PM »
Scott, are you starting N. minuta seed right now? If so, I'm ashamed of you for not posting your progress in my thread. ;D
Bryan

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 05:05:45 PM »
Not right now, Bryan. I will start them in the Summer, that way, if we are still living here, they aren't to big to place in the bedroom window during the Winter. :) Until then, since I've done it before, I will post suggestions and congratulations in your post as needed. :)
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline joejoe123

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 11:13:43 PM »
N. minuta will not survive in zone 7 outside they are tropical.  Helvola is hardy so it will winter in your pond in zone 7. My pygmea overwintered in a 15 in pond depth in zone 6 with 3 days at minus 13*F.

I have had N minuta for 2 years in my pond and it has survives the winter at about elbow depth  my pygmea sitiing right by it didnt survive this winter I dont know what could have happened to it but it was mush when i went to plant it . Ive also had several once named tropical lilys survive winters in my pond .

That's weird. I have lots of N. pygmaea, they're just not up yet. I hate to pick my blooms before they're ready, but if I do get plants I'd be glad to send you one.
Karen I would love to get one or mabye 2 from you just let me know when

Joey
Joey Gatlin  Zone 7A   Alabama

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"