Author Topic: lotus seedling  (Read 856 times)

Offline Missa

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 26/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
lotus seedling
« on: April 28, 2010, 01:07:01 PM »
I started 2 seeds & they were doing good. Had 3 leaves each. It was warm so I put them outside in their permanent home, half a 55 gallon barrel.
It then dropped & the temps got cool for while, now it's fluctuating temps. They got stunted or something. The leaves are still there, small but it hasn't done much else.
Will they be ok & spring back when it gets warm or am I gonna have to start over?

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: lotus seedling
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 05:38:14 AM »
How cold did it get down to? They might have just been paused until the temps warm back up.
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 05:45:01 AM »
Missa as long as they are still green you should be fine...Yes our temps did drop some this week--so they should bounce back as long as they don't start turning yellow or fungus don't start on them...that was my biggest trouble the year I raised seeds was fungus....our temps are rebounding now so your lotus should too...
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline Missa

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 26/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 03:48:00 PM »
Good to know.

It got down to lower 40's probably.

Offline Rad Michelle

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • hakuna matata
  • With us since: 08/05/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 10:11:22 AM »
I started lotus seeds also, started indoors, and at first site of secod stem I mushed them into soil outside pot with 3 inches of water so the seed casings wouldn't start to go bad in open water now that they are planted. About 4 leads appeared on all 4 of 6 and the last two did nothing.

Then we had a cold rainy spell, they stopped growing for week or so, and now have taken off. One even has a runner formed. Will take picture and post when I get computer. The one with runner was one of the two that didn't put up all four leaves and I thought was dying back.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"