Author Topic: Let the brave know!!  (Read 834 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Let the brave know!!
« on: May 01, 2010, 07:15:44 AM »
By Carol L. McGuinn

I have a special message for the brave men and women who work so hard to serve and protect our country.

Thank you for all that you do to keep America free as the war on terror continues. The personal sacrifices you have made will never be forgotten. You may think what you do is "just my job" although I've never looked at it that way. To be where you are and the risks you take putting your life on the line for us here at home is truly inspiring.

Your courage, honor and commitment are recognized by this grateful American. As the first born of a career military man who retired after 20 years' in the early 60's, all I can do is relate to being a "brat" I truly believe that my patriot spirit and love of country is from my up bringing. My ex-husband was with 3rd Brigade/2nd Armor division and I've been fortunate to have lived from Okinowa to Germany. What an experience!

The true patriotic spirit that comes from within is even more precious now in these times, so although you are away from home, your family, friends', please know that you have my deepest appreciation. I am very proud of you.

I also have a message for all Americans.

As you know, we have troops stationed not only stateside but all over the world, and wherever they are, they are defending us 24-7-365.

America is truly the land of the free, because of the brave.

This is the perfect time for them to hear from those who support them: May is Military Appreciation Month.

Those who serve in the armed forces are truly heroes, and it's important that we let them know that they are supported from back home.

If you would like to participate, please send a supportive, positive message (fewer than 75 words would be appreciated) to me. You can give your full name, or first name only, if you prefer; along with your city, state and e-mail address.

Please send your messages of support to the men and women who put their lives on the line for us every day , to the following e-mail address: isalutetheflag2@yahoo.com

http://newsblaze.com/story/20100429154719zzzz.nb/topstory.html

Offline Lorraine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 20/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Let the brave know!!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 08:44:52 AM »
:) I have done this is the past. Sent cards or notes to unkown soldiers. Even tho it isnt quite PC Correct to do so.I have gotten to the point where i am not going to be PC.. guess thats why they call it old age or something. :)
Hugs
Lorraine

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 09:14:09 AM »
Lorraine, remember when I embroidered all those handkerchiefs for the soldier friends of my neighbor's?
 Oh and remember when we collected the money to send gym shorts to that soldier platoon in Iraq. And I had enough money left over to embroider insulated can wraps for them all.

It's fun to know that those items may still be bringing a moment of joy when those guys remember some little old American ladies who spent time and money because of them.

Offline Lorraine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 20/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 11:20:22 AM »
I sure do! You are one amazing lady! How you find time to do this is beyond me! :) Iam sure they are very pleased with your kindness and gifts.
 Hugs
Lorraine

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"