Author Topic: Nashville Flood  (Read 1338 times)

Offline matherfish

• Trade Count: (75)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Nashville Flood
« on: May 05, 2010, 08:48:26 AM »
There used to be two very nice ponds here, with a waterfall, bridge and fish. This past week-end's rains have covered them, as well as the buildings at Riverside Family Fun World. On the left you see the fence for what was the batting cages. Just to the right, the white thing on the water is the top of the building where the go-carts and equipment were. The roof at one time was also covered with water and you could not see it. In the background, other 12' tall equipment buildings are covered up to their roofs and the house you see on the back right is the second story of a building. The water at one time was over half of that 2nd story. I took the picture standing in the middle of what used to be a putt putt golf course with all types of animated figures and buildings on it. To my left and not in the picture is the office and arcade building. The concession stand and party room at the front of the building was 5 feet under water. The arcade games were also under water, as was a 63" tv. The business belonged to my 2 sons. Obviously, it is now gone. The water is receding, but the damage has been done. Thankfully for us, none of our family or friends were hurt or among the 10 here in Nashville that lost their lives. Pray for the families who lost loved ones, or their homes or their businesses.

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Nashville Flood
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 09:24:01 AM »
That is terrible. I can't imagine what the people of that area are experiencing. Most don't have flood insurance so will be an awful hardship.

Offline Indiana Karen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 09:34:04 AM »
How devastating for your son's business.  I'm so sorry, but like you said, everyone is safe-that's what its all about.

Karen

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 10:27:20 AM »
I saw the news about all the flooding in Tennessee and hoped none of our Ponders were hurt or had damaged property.  So sad your sons business is flooded.  Thankfully you and your family are all safe.

Praying all the devastation will go away quickly with no more harm.

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 06:06:33 PM »
Frank, I literally forgot all about you living up there. Of course, we have family up there to worry about but they are all fine. Me and my brothers attended Donelson Christian Academy for part of our school days. It has been flooded again. It sits right on the Stones River. The first flood that it went through, the school was nothing but portables and the water was up to the roofs. I'm glad that you and your family is okay.
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 08:15:00 PM »
Oh no, I'm so sorry for you and your family--and all who are affected by these floods.  I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.   :hug:
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Lorraine

• Members
  • With us since: 20/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 05:21:18 AM »
 :'( Oh my Iam so sorry about your sons, glad everyone is safe. i can see the pic here....cant over on the other forum.
 Hugs and Prayers,
Lorraine

Offline KatFish

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Members
  • With us since: 20/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 05:51:30 AM »
Goodness.  I'm sorry for the damage, but glad you're all ok!

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 06:00:27 AM »
How horrible, MatherFish.  It's just hard to imagine what so many people are going through.

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 10:29:09 AM »
I've been watching the floods on the news too from down here and hoping everyone would be all right.  I didn't know you were there but I'm glad your family is safe and hope that the business can be put back together. 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"