Author Topic: Adenium surprise!!  (Read 752 times)

Offline Koi Boi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • Oklahoma zone 7a
  • With us since: 03/10/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Photo Bucket
Adenium surprise!!
« on: November 25, 2006, 08:27:55 PM »
What a surprise!  I noticed that the bud tips on this plant seemed a darker red than most but it has happened before, so I paid it no mind and left for a trip to Tulsa Oklahoma to build a fence or actually replace a fence that had blown down at my daughters home.  I left the seventeenth with my implements of destruction and pulled posts and or dug out remaining concrete, and installed new posts and fence ‘till the afternoon of the twenty-second.  I arrived home that evening and scurried out to look the plants over before dark and what a beautiful sight!  I just love happy accidents!  Last spring my wife saw this lonely healthy Adenium in the midst of a very poorly kept display , as many plant displays at our local Home Depots often are, and decided to fork over the ten bucks they were asking in order to rescue the plant from a fate worse than death.  We just knew it would be the same red and white that we often see when shopping for Adenium.   No tag, or name but obviously akin to ‘Ruby’ cultivars that I’ve seen on the world wide web!  Keep an eye peeled Kay!

Offline CT

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Adenium surprise!!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 06:09:54 AM »
Ok, that does it..Monday I'm visiting all the local Home Depot's :) What a beauty!

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 10:05:23 AM »
That is absolutely gorgeous!  I'm not familiar with those plants, but perhaps I should get to know them . . . . very pretty!

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 01:15:15 PM »
Wonderful surprise! Very pretty flower.

Maryvonne
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"