Author Topic: Pumps at Home Depot.  (Read 1733 times)

Offline reddad35

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 23/08/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Pumps at Home Depot.
« on: May 17, 2010, 02:45:17 PM »
 I was at home depot and just wanted to to a quick look at the pump selection they had. A man that works at the depot asked if I needed any help. I told him I was just looking around at the pumps. He asked what kind. I told him I was seeing what kind of waterfall pumps they might have. He asked if I had a pond. I told him yes. He said he has one but wants to get rid of it because he and his wifed divorced and it was hers. He just wants his lawn back. He asked me if I knew anyone that would be interested in a pump liner and stones/rocks. I asked what he was looking to get for them. He didn't know. I said I might fill it in to get the items. He laughed. We chatted for a couple more minutes and he said. You know what if you fill it you can have all. He asked that I come by and look to see if it was worth my trouble. We exchanged phone numbers and he called me 2 days later. I went today and looked.
Looks like I will be filling in a pond. Probably 2 truck loads maybe 3 of rock/stone. 20 x 15 liner. filter pump and 2  foot tall cranes.
I never thought it could happen to me. Today was a good day.

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
Re: Pumps at Home Depot.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 03:10:26 PM »
One of those serindipitious days!  Great luck. O0

I would like a back up pump.  So when mine dies, and it will eventually, id have a temporary one to run while I place an order for a new one
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline KatFish

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Members
  • With us since: 20/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 05:35:49 PM »
Sad for him, too cool for you!  What a find  @O@

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 06:12:41 PM »
WOW , that's Great !  @O@

bonnie

Offline jclements

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • In the Garden Photoblog
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 08:41:37 PM »
Sweet! 8)
Jessica
Dallas, TX
Photoblog:  http://jessicaclements.wordpress.com

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 08:47:07 PM »
But where ya gonna get the fill? And if you are using rocks to fill, better be sure they are in the very bottom. I hate it when I go to plant something and hit junk from building this house like pieces of cement block or even rocks too.

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 06:34:20 AM »
Last year, there was an offer on the local FreeCycle down in Florida where a young woman that I knew had a brother wanting to get rid of all his fish, plants, equipment, and rocks. The catch, he also wanted the concrete busted up and hauled off, all in a days time. It wasn't a small pond either and he want one person only to do it. I didn't have the time or room or a place to haul the concrete off to. I had to just let it go. :'(

There was a time years prior to that that there was a 2500 GPH external pond pump offered up to the first to reply in Garden Web's pond forum. Guess who was first one? @O@ The pump was free but I think that I did have to pay for shipping. :)
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline reddad35

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 03:04:53 PM »
 I guess on top of all that is he said take as long as you need. I plan on having this done by Sunday though. Worst part is no access to back yard so it will all be wheel barrel.

Esther they sell top soil all over the place. I will probably only need a loader scoop or so. All the dirt he dug out was used to elevate his falls.

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010, 05:19:11 PM »
Hope it all goes well. It sounds like a lot of hard work but hopefully it will be worth it in the end.

When we bought this house, the only access to the back yard was where the garage eventually was built. So we put a single garage door in the back so we could go through. But since then, we've cut down the bank that was on the other side of our house to provide access with something bigger that what can get through the garage. And boy am I glad we did.

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 06:43:28 AM »
That's a windfall, Red.  Especially the cranes.

What are you going to do with the liner?  And what size is the pump?

Remmeber, those of you wanting back-up pumps, the new pump has to be the same size as your existing one, or you at least need adapters so it will fit on your hoses and tubing, so you can still run your filters, falls, etc. 

Offline reddad35

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 04:49:21 PM »
Julles I plan on building a second pond to be the home of my goldfish. I am going to work with this liner to create a pond that fits it.  I want to seperate the goldfish from my big pond and have only Koi in there. The pump is a 2800 gallon submersible.
 My wife, son and I went a loaded up a truck load of rock today. Brought them home and piled them till will get started on the new pond. My wife commented on a Koi statue spitter(2' long x 1.5' high). The gentleman gave it to her, actually he insisted she take it after we tried to refuse. We plan on doing something special for him when this is all said and done.

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2010, 04:39:31 AM »
Sounds like a great situation for both of you.  One time I met another customer at Home Depot that I ended up getting some free koi from.
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2010, 11:00:44 AM »
You were in just the right place at just the right time. Serendipity.  :)
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"