Author Topic: Just wanted to say how much I appreciate all you guys!  (Read 3141 times)

Offline tammie

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Just wanted to say how much I appreciate all you guys!
« on: August 16, 2006, 09:07:56 AM »
I haven't been around much this summer... between insulating my husband from the world while he studied for the bar exam, horribly busy horse show schedule and taking care of a friend who had hip replacement surgery, I just haven't been doing anything with my plants, or posting much on the forum.  Jeez, I haven't even paid my taxes or filed my nursery certification papers!  The other day I checked my plant trade book and I only have 7 entries!  By now there there should be 4 or 5 pages! 
Anybody out there need a room and car in Hawaii?  You can help me repot and label about 300 water lilies in exchange  O0 
Just wanted to let everybody know that I'm still here... sort of... I read the forum every day... when my computer allows it  >:(-  And I hope that things will settle down enough for me to start posting some pictures!  Haven't even had the time to take photos!  Maybe by "winter" I'll have things under control enough that I can show you all the tropical lilies blooming at Thanksgiving! 
Tammie

Offline Sean

• Tropical Waterlily Guru
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Sean's Ponds & Patio Garden
Re: Just wanted to say how much I appreciate all you guys!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 09:15:58 AM »
I'd volunteer but don't have the time anymore :o  Barely have time for myself these days.

Glad to see you posting again Tammie!

Cheers,
Sean
Vancouver BC Zone 8B
...........Click my Gif's............

Offline tammie

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 09:40:20 AM »
Please, Sean?  I acually have a empty bedroom right now, so you won't have to share the couch with the  dogs...
Tammie

Offline Krista

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 10:19:55 AM »
I'd be there in a heartbeat but I'm not sure how much help I would be with the twinadoes along for the ride.  Sounds like you are as busy as I am.  There are a couple of us though who are serious about heading your direction in 2 years for the Partay :)
Mom of twins, knitting nut, and want to get back into water gardening.

Offline tammie

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 10:53:39 AM »
Hi Krista!  I have a fenced yard, or we could tie the twinados to one of the dogs They'd have a blast!(kidding!)  I read about you guys thinking about coming my way in a couple of years.  I hope it does work out.  I can put up a few people and my FIL rents his cottage out to visiters.  Also know of a great B&B just down the road from me.  I think we should start planning NOW! 
Tammie

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 11:55:29 AM »
I'm ready to run away from home . . . . can I bring my puppy or are they gonna quarantine her for 6 months?  That could be the deal breaker.

Offline tammie

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 03:08:02 PM »
As long as Cassey (did I spell that right?) has had 2 rabies shots she can come right in!  Or maybe she has to wait 5 days?  I don't remember... getting old...  So when does your flight get in?   @O@
Tammie

Offline Krista

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2006, 04:38:11 PM »
Hi Krista!  I have a fenced yard, or we could tie the twinados to one of the dogs They'd have a blast!(kidding!)  Tammie

Ok, who would have the blast? The twins, the dogs or us?????????? :D

And definately start planning, I've started saving air miles and LeeAnne and I have both convinced our other halfs I think :)  Can you pm me a link to your area/island? I know nothing about Hawaii at all.  Thanks :D

Offline croft

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2006, 05:00:52 PM »
Looking forward to seeing some beautiful lily pics when we're in the deep freeze O0
Joanne

Maritimes
1800 gal watergarden
goldfish
zone 5b

Offline Teresa

• Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2006, 05:16:25 PM »
Casey (you were soooo close) has had lots of shots, including several Rabies boosters.  Guess I'll just hafta check flight info . . . the girls go back to school on Monday, so I'll be a free woman!!!  (And sooooooo unbelievably ready to run away . . . . )

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2006, 05:47:11 PM »
I just booked a flight! @O@ ;) lol
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline karen J

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2006, 06:18:59 PM »
Are you kidding? I'd be more than happy to repot lilies... no room or car necessary. Just me, a bunch of nice dirt, and peace & quiet. Ahhh, there's the rub. No peace & quiet allowed for Mom.
We just got back from our short "vacation". Kids had a blast. We are absolutely exhausted.  ::) :P
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline louis

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Lou's Views
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2006, 06:51:06 PM »
i would be there in a heart beat if i did not have to fly over. i panic on somebody else's airplane. how long does it take by boat. i could take the train from conn to calif and take a boat. that should take all of two weeks.

lou

Offline karen J

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2006, 09:45:37 PM »
Louis, I did the train from NY to Ca, and it is no picnic. Don't do it. Just get over it and fly.
Imagine a bunch of old guys in a bar car across hundreds of miles of plains... not fun at all.
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline tammie

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2006, 02:33:48 PM »
Joyce!  Did you really just book a flight!!??  Man, I hope you're not kidding!  I would LOVE to have you and the family stay here!  Teresa too.  And Lou ( I've been bugging Lou for years!) And Krista.  And LeeAnne. And Sean. And Mike and Mikey and Dalialama and everybody else! 
Don't know if we'll still have the extra car in 2 years, but it sure is available now.  Gotta clean the bedroom tho... and the house...
Here's the deal.  If you can stand all my dogs, my old house (usually semi clean) you all are welcome!
Krista - here's a link to where I live:
http://www.vacationhomerentals.com/vacation-rentals/Waimanalo-Hawaii-Beach-House-Hawaii-Beach-Houses-Bungalows-proID-727.html
Come on over!
Tammie

Offline Teresa

• Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2006, 04:46:46 PM »
Is that house your house?  Or just in the area where you live?  Either way, I think I gotta come visit you.  Gonna hafta see what I can do with Hubby . . . . if I ever start talking to him again.

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2006, 05:58:05 PM »
Nope, just kidding! But some day I will, when I am done with all my Chemo and radiation therapies. (8:-)

My last chemo is next Thursday. @O@

I say leave the hubbies home, ladies only! O0 ;D :D

Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Jerry

• Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2006, 06:21:22 PM »
aawww I wanna go too!  Besides, I know the area very very well! o(:-) o(:-)
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline tammie

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2006, 06:38:27 PM »
Oh no, that's not my house!  Just the same area.  I'm about a mile away from the beach, right on the side of the mountains. My house is old, old, old.  Not nice old, just old! We're very slowly fixing all the termite damage.  I'm sure by the time we're done there will be new damage.  >:(
Jerry you can come too. Grumpy husbands have to stay home.  Except for mine - I'll send him to stay with one of you guys grumpy husbands! ;D
Hey, by the way - as far as I'm concerned the nicest months to come visit is May and June.  Usually it's not super hot, and the chance of rain is slim. 
Tammie

Offline Krista

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2006, 07:10:46 PM »
Sounds like a plan to me :) I was hoping to plan it for June since my babysitters are smoking busy until the end of May and wouldn't be able to take the twins. My DH is actually waffling on if he wants to come or not. He has never been on an airplane other than a small tiny one when he was much much younger. I had him talked into it but then he decided not so much the other day.. I will be there though :) 

If he comes, it will be the first Partay ever... not sure how I feel about that...lol

Offline Teresa

• Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2006, 07:41:17 AM »
I think a week off in May would be a great thing.  I hate May cuz it's the second busiest month of the year (after December).  I could schedule a week in Hawaii then . . . . who's joining me!?!?!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"