Author Topic: just a story of part of the reason im became a ponder  (Read 1331 times)

Offline joejoe123

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
just a story of part of the reason im became a ponder
« on: November 28, 2006, 02:18:04 PM »
well it was a couple years ago and me and my grandmother went to a pond shop we was amazed to say the least so i thought i could build one of those no prob
well my grandmother was handi-caped and in a whell chair so she couldnt get to the see the ponds at the bottom end of their yard because of steps but i told her all about it
so anyhow we went home done some research and i began to build our vison of a pond the digging and stuff about killed me she would come to see me work on the pond and give her 2 cents on how to do things and i would get so mad at her (we lived within walking distance of each other so she would ride her chair to watch me suffer lol)
by the third month it was finished and fish and plants were in and all was well with the pond my grandmothers health wasnt going so good
she would tell me how she love the pond and the way the waterfall sounded and i was happy to hear it then she dicided she would like to start feeding the fish herself so i thought why not (that was the best part of my pond i thought was to see the fish come to the top and eat the food thrown their way) the fish would come to the top when the heard the vibrations of her chair coming and she would just laugh and throw food and more food and more i thought to myself thats way too much but it floated and i would get it out when she left
the next spring our pond sprung a leak so i decided to make a bigger waterfall and andmake the pond a bit bigger and put in a skimmer
this was the hardest thing i ever did my grandmother would of course come to see if things were going ok and she come down one day and i wassitting in the hole just crying my eyes out (because when your doing a pond as im sure yall know it hard to get it right and when working by one self its harder)but i got it finished
my grandmother was getting sicker and sicker and she couldnt come to see the pond anymore so i video taped it for her so she could see what the pond was looking like as it filled in with plants and all
little did i know she was sneaking to my hose before the sun rose to sit by the pond and feed the fish she told me it was magical and made her feel relaxed
my grandmother died a little bit after that and she has been gone for a little over 2 years now but  today is her birthday so i thought i would dedicate my pond to her
its funny but when im out there by myself i can fell her prsence there and can almost hear her laughing
its a special place for me
i love you mowmow
joey
Joey Gatlin  Zone 7A   Alabama

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
Re: just a story of part of the reason im became a ponder
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 02:31:05 PM »
Wonderful tale Joey! :'( :'( :'( Love it!
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline joejoe123

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 02:41:55 PM »
silly me i forgot to add the pictures of my pond its winter here so i thought i post some of it in the spring

hope you enjoy
joey
Joey Gatlin  Zone 7A   Alabama

Offline livetogarden

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 02:43:38 PM »
What a neat story!! Your pond will give you so many special memories of your 'Mowmow'.
It's a very pretty pond. You did a great job. I know how much work they are to build because we did our ourselves too.
Cath
zone 5b

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 03:01:08 PM »
What wonderful memories you have that attach your pond to Mowmow. That makes it really special. You could have a little placque or sign saying in memory of Mowmow or something like that. You could write a little poem telling your story.

Offline CT

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 03:09:22 PM »
Very touching Joey. What a wonderful thing you did for your grandmother and it's a beautiful tribute to her.

GAJen

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 03:32:01 PM »
Thanks for sharing such a beautiful story.

Offline terri

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 22/10/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2006, 04:54:29 PM »
What a lovely story.... only wish my father could have seen my ponds... He was my inspiration to create mine, long after he died.
terri
1500 gallon pond. Most residents are 11 yrs old. Most are Koi, with one 9 yr old bullhead catfish. Residents took a trip of one hr to their new home. We all moved to this home just over a yr ago. They love their new digs!

Offline tracey_shafer

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2006, 07:12:21 PM »
Now Ya went and made me cry :-)~, that was so sweet.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"