Author Topic: I got a job!  (Read 2293 times)

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I got a job!
« on: May 26, 2010, 07:08:15 PM »
Well, it's only part time and just started out at 4.5-5 hours this week but it's a start and my foot is in the door. It is with the same company as my wife works and it is the same job that she started out with. Now she has moved up into a different department and maybe I will get the same break. :)
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: I got a job!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 07:20:42 PM »
Congratulations Scott!!  That is such GOOD NEWS!!   @O@
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Bearb

• Members
  • With us since: 29/08/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 07:40:05 PM »
Good deal Scott!

"maybe I will get the same break."
I hope so! sometime you have to make your own breaks. . . keep your eyes open so you'll see it when it is there. Keep us updated.
Bryan

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 07:58:58 PM »
Congratulations Scott!!   @O@ @O@

bonnie

Offline HOWELL

• Members
  • With us since: 15/06/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 09:08:31 PM »
Scott you will be manager of the whole company soon..you will see... O0 O0 O0
Scott I'll miss you buddy... :(

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 09:09:42 PM »
I remember you were talking about this on the chat the other night. I too hope it works out for you guys. It's not good to be without work.

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 11:23:03 PM »
Good for you Scott!  I'm happy for you.   @O@

Offline KatFish

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Members
  • With us since: 20/05/2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 05:20:08 AM »
 @O@  Great news!!  You go guy!

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 06:23:49 AM »
You want to hear some more good news. My unemployment ran out a month or two ago. I got a letter yesterday where I got another extension and they owe me back pay now. @O@ This may be enough for a deposit and a first month's rent. :)
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 07:19:45 AM »
OHHHH MYYYYY WORD!!! Can you believe it. Do you think you could make a go of it with both your incomes??? Oh I hope so. This job stuff is so scary right now. I think Michigan is one of the worst states for joblessness.

Pete's unemployment probably will be done in a few weeks. I doubt he'll get another extension. We can hope though. Part of me feels guilty about taking the money but this is the first time in 45 years for him and we're both on social security after paying in that long. So I guess we've worked hard for what we're getting but still I wish we could have survived without it.

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 08:15:39 AM »
You go Scott, hope that ship continues to set dock.

When my husbands job closed up last year, it was scary. It made it a very long summer. When I helped push the issue of this one company, they had already turned him down. A letter from me, with his signature and another source helped. He has already made it to a lead person position and has only been there since the end of last August.

It was the best thing to happen to this household.  Things are so different now.  I guess its been about 2 months or so since he got the promotion. Then the big pay increase, then came home and there was an escrow check in our mail box. Got a bonus at work.....

Feels good to pay the monthly bills and have money left over. Enough that we went out last week and bought a car, and still have money to put in savings and goofing around.  I'm still just a part-time credit union teller, and I just take my check and stick it in another account and pretend we don't have it.

Hope it keeps going well for you, keep smiling.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 12:44:08 PM by Ky Kim »

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 09:04:28 AM »
Congrats on the new job, Scott!  @O@ 

Congrats to you too, Kim!

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 06:50:32 PM »
Thanks, y'all. How about another bit of good news? My wife sold her Honda Passport tonight. A little more money for the future. Of course, we need to finish getting the truck running so we can use it to move. I will start shopping for a rental tonight. Esther, rent can be pretty cheap around this area. :)
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2010, 07:08:51 AM »
The job being part time may let you persue you pond business too. O0
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2010, 07:18:30 PM »
You can count on that, Jerry, but it may not last long.

Okay, before Esther starts worrying. They called me today wanting to know if I would go in Tuesday morning at 7:00am to help wash cars (pressure washed and wiped). I told them that I would. My wife said that she thinks that that was just a test to see who really wanted to work. She went through the same thing and now she is full time. :)
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2010, 07:14:47 PM »
Guess what? I've worked 22 hours this week. With a little help from my wife. ::) She decided to volunteer me yesterday without telling me. She told me to ride in with her this morning to check. I did and my supervisor said that I was suppose to be there. Later on, one of my co-workers told me that my wife volunteered me. Anyhow, riding around in a van half a day and driving 2007-2010 Cadilacs with XM stereo and perfect AC the other half, I wouldn't consider such a bad days work. ;D
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

Offline moondivatx

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 26/05/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2010, 08:13:29 PM »
 @O@ @O@ @O@  I love  o(:-) good news...sending great thoughts to you, Scott.

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2010, 12:03:13 PM »
 @O@
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"