Author Topic: Anybody for export?  (Read 2996 times)

Offline tugo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 07/07/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Tugopond
Anybody for export?
« on: June 05, 2010, 04:51:53 PM »
Hi,
Would like to buy tubers/divisions of  Tropicals and Night Bloomers, delivery to Istanbul/Turkey.

Since DHL and UPS costs too much, would like to try once with express/priority mail. It will take 12-15 days to arrive and of course the risk will be on my account.

I don't know the export regulations of USA but here we do not need  Phytosanitary certificate for shipments up to 120 USD ( 100 Euros).

Payment will be done through PayPal and  I sure accept all the risks after the goods are shipped..

If any want to cooperate with me, pls put here or PM to discuss the best timing, prices and quantity etc.
Thanks.

Tugrul

Offline Timgod

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Members
  • Houston, Texas Zone 9
  • With us since: 13/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Timgods Graphics
Re: Anybody for export?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 10:06:44 PM »
Hi Tugrul,

A member here by the name of enzo does export.
I don't know if he is able to ship to your country but it would not hurt to ask.
As to the shipping method you describe... plants will not make it with that length of a trip.
They just cannot handle the stress and lack of water and light.
The only possibility in your case would be for him or someone like him to ship tubers.
If they are dormant and just about to break dormancy, they can handle an extended trip.

If you pay someone to ship plants, all you will have is a box of mush, less money and a broken heart.

Tim
On a quest for the elusive lilies...

Offline mushrooms

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 07:40:34 PM »
If you don't care about variety, you can try the aquarium shops that sell "Nymphaea zenkerii" or even find a trade through an aquarium forum from someone in your country, they are usually night bloomers white or pink.

Offline tugo

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Tugopond
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 07:26:17 AM »
Thanks Tim and mushrooms. Was away for some short vacation, therefore I have just seen your posts, as I am back home.
Sure, the plants will not survive such long delivery time, through usual simple post conditions. Therefore I was wondering if tubers/divisions could do.
The cargo companies ask over 80 Usd for 0.50 kg to be delivered in 4-5 days which is too much. So, I was hoping that they could stand for 12-15 days during dormancy time and since as my nature, like to try difficult possibilities, would like to take a risk and see what happens:))
I will try to contact Enzo, to hear his advices also, thanks.

Mushrooms, " n.zenkerii" we have but seldom here, as you said between the aquarists but I would like to have different varieties as well.

Very cheap w.lilies are coming from Far East, to big stores here,  but I always keep away from them since I believe they have some special treatments on the plants because I heard from some one that after the plants are packed, they are shipped by vessel to us, which means min 2 months. Not reasonable.

Thanks again for both of you spending your time on answering my question and acknowledge me.

Offline enzo

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Members
  • Entrepreneur, marketer, and more...
  • With us since: 15/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Lorenzo Orlando Caum
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 09:22:12 PM »
Hello Tugrul, with all packages that travel abroad, I use USPS Express Mail International (EMS) which takes at max 5 days. I have never used priority mail with plants as they begin to melt after a week.

However, tubers should easily be able to survive a period that long.

I checked with USPS and I'm seeing EMS delivery to Turkey beginning at $30 and would take between 3-5 days.
--
Lorenzo
Buy tropical water lilies — Utopia Aquatic
An Enzo12 LLC venture

Offline tugo

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Tugopond
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 01:52:11 AM »
Thanks Enzo, information will be useful for other friends also. Though you did not mention if yourself would be interested in sending small quantities, when the time comes for me I will ask you again. Also what you mentioned 30 usd for EMS ( may be for 1/2 kg?) is not so scarcy, but heard many complaints here abt our EMS that the local delivery of the packs takes too long. Will check the situation here.
Thanks again for answering.

Offline enzo

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Members
  • Entrepreneur, marketer, and more...
  • With us since: 15/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Lorenzo Orlando Caum
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 06:15:37 PM »
Hello Tugrul the $30 was for one pound and the postage would need to be printed online. EMS is actually fulfilled through Fedex and is currently the most economical method for expedited shipping.

I found the link below regarding shipping to Turkey. However, you would have access to the most accurate information via your local post office.
http://pe.usps.com/text/imm/tz_010.htm
--
Lorenzo
Buy tropical water lilies — Utopia Aquatic
An Enzo12 LLC venture

Offline tugo

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Tugopond
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2010, 02:20:49 PM »
Enzo thanks for searching.
I know the customs regulations side of the matter, have imported flower bulbs, corms,seeds etc before, no problem, because they were durable and all through air parcels.
 EMS, have never tried before but when I check the local forums, people say that "Our" EMS delivers in 15-20 days, where it would be catastrophic for sensitive goods.

As you said, I also believe that rhizomes/tubers, especially in their dormancy period can make it through the priority mail which takes also 12-15 days. I wouldn't be asking any whole plants of course.

Thanks again for all the information.

Offline seerosenfarm.de

• Members
  • With us since: 13/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 10:56:40 PM »
Hi Tugrul,

can you tell me, what exactly you are looking for? We are located in Germany and have done shipment to Turkey already. We also have a reasonable stock of lilies from abroad, mostly Thailand, Israel and China. You may check at www.seerosenfarm.de

Greetings,
Christian:-D

Offline tugo

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Tugopond
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2010, 01:50:58 AM »
Hi Christian.
I know your site and have visited several times before also.
Actually I was looking for tropicals and night bloomers and I specially wanted to make some buying from the forum members but because of the risk of transportation could not be realised.
Later I bought 21 tropical tubers from Thailand and they arrived all in good condition and started blooming.
Next March I may contact you for some other stuff.
Thanks for posting.

Offline seerosenfarm.de

• Members
  • With us since: 13/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2011, 11:39:33 AM »
Hi Tugrul,

we are able to import to the EU and send plants to you. What are you interested in?

Please egt in touch with us.

www.seerosenfarm.de

Greetings,
Christian

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"