Author Topic: Steam washer/dryer?  (Read 1186 times)

Offline jclements

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • In the Garden Photoblog
Steam washer/dryer?
« on: June 11, 2010, 06:39:48 PM »
We have had a Kenmore HE4 front loader washer and dryer for about 7 years. DH's grandma needs a set for her new place, so we're thinking about upgrading. I love the idea of a steam washer/dryer. I *hate* ironing clothes for work and would love to make the process of hanging up and avoiding wrinkles easier. Does anyone have one of the latest steam models? If so, do you love it?

Thanks in advance!
Jessica
Dallas, TX
Photoblog:  http://jessicaclements.wordpress.com

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Steam washer/dryer?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 08:47:48 AM »
Sorry Jessica. I know nothing. I'm so far behind that I didn't even know about those types.

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 10:15:00 AM »
I've seen the commercials for the steam ones down here but I'm still unsure how they work.  Good for you for using a front loading washer all those years.  I know they are better because they use less water but I just can't stand them, I bought another top loader last year. 

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 05:50:44 PM »
As far as steam goes, Esther can tell you all about the locomotives but I thought she was still using a wash board for washing clothes. lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

:angel:
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline rdrboone

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 12/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 07:08:08 PM »
My daughter has a propane LG steam dryer and she loves it.  She has the matching washer, however it is not a steam washer.
Both do a fantastic job with little water and detergent.
Ruth
Ruth

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"