Author Topic: Pond Photos turtle Isle ... turtlemike and his horses....  (Read 4492 times)

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I had a great time today despite that is was brutally hot, muggy and it rained and turned my hair into a crows nest ... More photos to come of the beautiful ponds but wanted to post of turtle mike and his horses.  They love him and put on quiet a show of hugs and kisses. 

tink
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 10:53:50 AM by tinkster »

Offline tinkster

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: turtlemike and his horses.... Photos from my visit....
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 05:52:23 PM »
MORE

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 05:55:42 PM »
I was just about to ask who the pretty woman was in the pics but it's just Tink. ;D
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 07:01:21 PM »
Tink and Mike those are great pictures. I love the horses. Thanks for posting now we can put a face with your names. Love mikes shirt. LOL
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 05:02:41 PM by Vickie »

Offline water_sprite

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/03/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 07:27:45 PM »
Love the horses.....Beautiful!

You and Mike look pretty good too! ;D ;D ;D ;D
Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 07:49:45 PM »
Woo Hoo!  A GREAT shot of an American Ponders T-shirt! 

You both look super.  I love that dapply horse.  What is its color called, Mike?  They're really friendly.  Were you sneaking them carrots??

Tinks, will you be posting more pics?

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 08:36:44 PM »
Who took the pictures ? Mike's horse's are Beautiful !

bonnie

Offline Holldoll

• Members
  • With us since: 11/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 08:39:48 PM »
What beautiful horses! I love that Mike's sporting a AP t-shirt!

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 07:41:05 AM »
My thought about the pretty lady was, she's no lady, she's a teenager.

Offline HOWELL

• Members
  • With us since: 15/06/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 07:48:40 AM »
 @O@ @O@ @O@ @O@it is so nice to meet y'all...
Scott I'll miss you buddy... :(

Offline tlc

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/02/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 08:12:35 AM »
Nice horses!  o(:-) They look pretty happy there. I have to say that turtlemike lives in a little piece of heaven right there and is one cool dude  8). Flowers and horses, life doesn't get any better than that!

Thanks Tink (and turtlemike)  :thumbup: :thumbup:

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 08:46:37 AM »
Love the pics... the people, the horses, and the AP shirt too! A thousand thanks for posting them. Means a lot.  :)
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline matherfish

• Trade Count: (75)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 09:07:32 AM »
ditto to the previous posts! Looks like you are having lots of fun at Mike's fun world!  @O@

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2010, 11:53:22 AM »
Oooh, Appaloosas and a chocolate Palomino. Gorgeous colors. I'm jealous.

Tink, I had no idea you were so young!
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline turtlemike

• Members
  • With us since: 18/11/2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2010, 11:56:43 AM »

I figured everybody would be curious as to what my horses looked like. Just kidding.

That's Spud the stud on the left, Half mustang I believe and half arabian He is as gentle and loving as any mare or gelding.  He realy likes mares !  That's what they call a golden palomino color.   He is somthing else to ride. Especialy if a mare is going along or we are headed in the direction of one of his girlfriends. He has lots of girl
friends in the neighborhood so he's usaly very excited and about to jump out of his skin when we go riding.
 Now that's fun !  Spud loves to go riding and will put his own bridle on !  All I have to do is to hold the bit in front of him and say " Do you want to go for a ride " and he will open his mouth and move his head forward and put the bit in his mouth and will even give me his ear when I put the head stall over his head.

Mischief is in the middle and he is part Appaloosa with a blanket pattern and a gelding. Spud is his sire.

On the right is Crisis,also a gelding, the sweetest horse in the world, or at least as far as I know. He is half mustang and half appaloosa with a leopard patern.

I have three mares in the valley and they are just as sweet.  The horses aren't licking us because they need salt they do the exact same thing when we're standing next to a salt block.  They just love us. No carrot required.

Offline tlc

• Members
  • With us since: 17/02/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2010, 02:15:53 PM »
turtlemike, I see a piece of wire that is about 2 feet off the ground in all the pics that Tink posted, is that your fencing?

You do have some nice looking "friends" there and I am surprised that "Spud" is as mellow and loving as he is for a stud. You are so lucky to have such sweet guys (and gals). Those types of horses are truely a pleasure to be around~ for me anyway. You can tell that they have not suffered any harm at your hands  :thumbup:. I will stop here as I could talk about this all day ;-)

tlc

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2010, 03:00:27 PM »
Beautiful photos of a wonderful bunch of horses and AP'ers!  Like everyone has written...gorgeous horses with such wonderful disposition.  Gotta hand it to the owner for that  O0  Thanks Tink for sharing!

Offline Gina-Small town Tn Girl

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2010, 04:11:19 PM »
beautiful horses.. I'm a real big horse lover.  My daughter would be so happy with the spotted one.. she loves those horses.  You two were havin way too much fun.

Offline moondivatx

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 26/05/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2010, 09:21:18 AM »
Tink...thanks for the post.  Great to put a face with turtlemike.  He really does have a slice of heaven there.  The horses are beautiful and you can tell from their personalities....LOVED!

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2010, 09:57:14 AM »
I'm envious............looks like so much fun.  @O@

Everytime I see a post from Turtlemike, I have this going through my head the rest of the day.  :D

Almost heaven, West Virginia
Blue Ridge mountains, Shenandoah River.
Life is old there, older than the trees,
Younger than the mountains, growing like a breeze.

Country roads, take me home,
To the place where I belong,
West Virginia, mountain mama.
Take me home, country roads.

All my mem'ries gather 'round her,
Miner's lady, stranger to blue waters.
Dark and dusty painted on the sky,
Misty taste of moonshine, teardrops in my eye.

To the place where I belong,
West Virginia, mountain mama,
Take me home, country roads.

I hear her voice, in the mornin' hours she calls me
The radio reminds me of my home far away.
Driving down the road I get a feeling
That I should have been home yesterday,
Yesterday.

To the place, I belong
West Virginia mountain mama,
Take me home, country roads

To the place I do belong
West Virginia, mountain mama,
Take me home, country roads

Offline tinkster

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2010, 10:18:45 AM »
that is soooo true karen..... I had a friend that I met on the internet.  He had epilepsy and therefore could not drive.  As his I will defeat this he road a bicycle from coast to coast.  It took 3 months but he peddled from califonia to virginia coast.   Of all his adventers he said none compared to West Virginia. 

When you go to turtlemike's you experience a quietness that is unreal.  We were eating our lunch by the ponds and we hear this horrid hollering by some animal in distress.  He immediately jumped up and took off running like I have never seen anybody run,  I am sure he could win any track meet, but anyway after 5 minutes or so I hear the animal stop hollering and the echos of him shouting.  Hunting dogs had gotten into baby deer and had it down around its neck.  He had taken pictures of the doe that morning.  Maybe he will post them..

tink

Offline Vickie

• Members
    • View Profile
Oh  no did the fawn make it?

Offline matherfish

• Trade Count: (75)
  • Members
    • View Profile
Tink, did I miss the lily pics? I am waiting.  {:-P;;

Offline Jerry

• Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
Holy moly, what a post.  I think I just saw Tarzan & Jane!!
I would just be repeating what has already been said, so just super will have to do.
Prediction! This will be a huge thread o(:-)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 10:34:06 AM by Jerry »
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

Offline tinkster

• Members
    • View Profile
hehehe.. sorry I have been so busy.. bible school week with the kiddo etc.   was hoping tmike would have time to post the deer.. proably not :)  will try to add the photos tonight after picnic.

tink

Offline tinkster

• Members
    • View Profile
rofl jerry.... tmike makes a perfect tarzan.. me on the other hand.. I never even go in my own pond without HIP WADERS, afriad of anything that moves including my own fish so lots of work on the jane part :)

tink

Offline turtlemike

• Members
  • With us since: 18/11/2008
    • View Profile

Hi, busy time of year it. It takes me a while sometimes.

Chocolate palomino, I’ve never heard of that LeeAnne. That shows how much I know about horses.    I’ve had stallions, mares and geldings. I have trained many horses and have trained eight of my own horses from birth.  I have ridden tens of thousands of miles bareback but I still have things to learn.

Spud really is very dark these days. He is in top condition and when horses are that fat the hair is very thin and some of his skin color shows through. Combine that with the sweaty heat and his black skin it makes him look even darker than usual.  In winter he is very light.

Tic, the wire is the only fence. The other day one of my neighbor’s mares was in heat and came over to have sex with Spud and a wire like the one in the pic about a foot off of the ground prevented him from getting to her on the other side of the wire.   They were nose to nose or nose to tail all night with that wire between them and Spud never crossed it.  And it wasn’t even on !  He’s a good boy . He has pasture bred a quite a few mares.  He has lived with mares in and out of heat and has gotten to raise his own foals in a family situation at least twice.  He is a lucky boy.
That’s what makes him good around mares and rideable around them.  Nothing like a few kicks to the gonads to teach you some respect.  Every stallion needs that experience. Without it they go nuts. 

Boggsr22 She would love Crisis. He would be a great kid’s horse since he is slow and very calm.  He’s kind of green though because he doesn’t get ridden much and only has a few hundred miles on him. I prefer to ride my half Arabs. It’s like riding a small dragon that wants to take off.  No accelerator pedal needed, just brakes.

Indiana Karen, Almost heaven ?  I don’t know how it could get much better. Sometimes I wonder if my life is an episode of LOST.  Without the desire to go home and no OTHERS attacking me.  I could never understand what was wrong with those people.
  They were obviously in heaven and they wanted to go back to that hell they had been living in ?     If you think I’m like Tarzan now if you put me in a place like that I would go plum freakin wild and you would never see me again.  I am already way more like Tarzan than you can probably imagine.  For instance I have lived in tree houses for around twenty years of my life and I live off the land quite a bit.  Actually I’m getting way too civilized these days and I need to get back up in a tree before I loose any of my sanity.  There’s nothing like waking up in a tree.

Oh yea the fawn. I saved it and it’s twin and I saved them again the other day from another dog !  I’ll spare you from what I’d like to do to those dogs.
  The pics that you saw Tinkster where another fawn that I came upon, I think the day before you visited.  I actually petted it and picked it up. 

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
    • View Profile
Oh my gosh......................just amazing pictures...........you add so much to this forum Turtlemike. 
I'm so glad you found us and so envious of your lifestyle..........you've got it all figured out.

Karen

Offline Jerry

• Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
Karen said it!!! O0 O0
and Tink dump your avatar, cause you are beauty.
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
Karen said it!!! O0 O0
and Tink dump your avatar, cause you are beauty.

Jerry, that would be on the inside and out. You should take some time and talk to her in the chat room. O0
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"