Author Topic: My funky weather predicting super powers....  (Read 809 times)

Offline greenthumbnails

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/07/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
My funky weather predicting super powers....
« on: June 18, 2010, 09:28:40 PM »
Okay so during the last couple years or so I have developed the ability to be able to tell when it is going to rain or is raining even if in a windowless building.  For me it was just a sudden feeling of sadness or feeling like I was depressed for absolutely no reason at all. Really weird I tell you but it was uncannily accurate.  It got to a point where I would just stop what I was doing and ask "Is it raining outside?" or comment "Its going to rain soon".  Kinda freaked out a couple of my co-workers.  Not a big deal, other people can feel it in their bones- like when they get stiff joints cause of their arthritis.

So, flash forward and I begin to get these wicked migraine headaches or sinus headaches whenever a front moves in.  No big deal as it was happening just hours before it occuring, gee I think everyone can see it coming at that point. Then it progresses to 24 hrs notice and now I think I am at 48 hrs.  DH calls it my "super power" like in the tv series "Heros" (man I miss that show, I cannot believe they cancelled it!).  So I am thinking what a useless, annoying, and painful "super power".  Logical explanation would be "I am like a cat"...LOL! You know, like the animals that sense when a storm is coming, kidding. Maybe I just have big sinuses filled with fluid and when there is a pressure change I guess I sense it.  Still sucks, as I am not a farmer and have no use for this "talent".

Anyone else have "special" skills?  ;)
My next female cat will be called "Whata Lily"!

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
Re: My funky weather predicting super powers....
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 07:42:19 AM »
I don't have any superpowers, but my mom does. She was a labor & delivery nurse for 45 years and always "knew" when she was going to have a busy night. She is 80 now, and I think she's still got it. Barometric pressure is what I think it is, but she thinks it's got to do with the moon. Full moon= lots of new babies.  :)
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"