Author Topic: Above ground pond???  (Read 1431 times)

Offline moondivatx

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 26/05/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Above ground pond???
« on: June 19, 2010, 10:12:45 AM »
Ok...so I've been here maybe 2 weeks!!!  I KNOW that I saw a photo stream about building an above ground display pond from landscape timbers.  Not Seans with the 2X's.  I've search-n-searched...can someone point me in the right direction or give me the link.

My BFF has decided she just wants to grow some plants...those I've given her...timber form, liner and pump to move the water.  No fish.  Her DH mentioned buying a preform...I say no...go with timbers and liner.  Our local store sells EPDM 25 mil for about .45/sqft.

Thanks, Deborah    Shawnee, OK

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Above ground pond???
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 12:32:59 PM »
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline moondivatx

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 26/05/2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 10:42:41 AM »
Thanks Kat...that's the one.  I meant 45....my cat parked on my keyboard and now numbers 3 and 4 don't work so to type those numbers I must use the numeric pad...royal pain.

Offline Kat

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 10:45:07 AM »
my cat parked on my keyboard and now numbers 3 and 4 don't work

LOL, yep, I've had messed up keyboards from the kitty cats, so I know what you mean.  ;D  Please post pics after you get it built.
Kat

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 03:56:14 PM »
I just came from the Austin Pond Tour.  Up there, since they have so much rock in their soil, and it's solid rock at only about 20," they build a lot of above-ground ponds.  Many are made of concrete block, and then faced with something more attractive, or of landscape blocks.  Line them, and then wrap the liner over the top, and put coping or flat rocks around the top.

Offline skarol98

• Members
  • With us since: 17/06/2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 04:38:13 PM »
I like this idea I will start building one like joey's this week with my husband.  the only thing I can't understand is why he used carpet! I'm afraid of mold and bad smell can I use landscaping fabric instead! what is the role of the carpet?
thanks

Offline Kat

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 05:21:58 PM »
Joey got the idea from me & I've had a couple of mine set up for 10 years now.  No bad smells.  The carpet gives a lot more protection from tree roots, rocks, & critters digging than landscape fabric will.
Kat

Offline skarol98

• Members
  • With us since: 17/06/2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2010, 06:05:34 AM »
oh ok thanks so much we will do the carpet then! Another question that I have is when I'm putting the liner on top how did you fix it with nails? can I nail through it or how I do it without creating a mayor disaster and breaking the liner!!! I can’t wait to finish this and post some pictures you have gave us great ideas Kate thanks so much for your help we are new in this and I'm having lots of problems I'm not too handy and my husband hate yard work jijij hopefully he will finish the frame today and in a couple of weeks I can do liner we are building it with 4x4's is 6 feet long and 4 feet wide and I stack 5 4x4 so is 20 inches tall and then I made a flower bed on front with the same 4x4 and I stain my 4x4 with a dark chocolate stain :) I will post pics as soon as we finish :)
thanks @O@

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 06:10:13 AM »
With the wooden troughs that I built, I stapled the liner around the top and then put a board over it to hide the staples.
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"