Author Topic: blue lacecap hydrangea  (Read 932 times)

Offline LynneNY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/06/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
blue lacecap hydrangea
« on: June 19, 2010, 09:19:36 PM »
I've had this plant for about 10 years, but until last summer, it was growing in too much full sun.  We moved it to where it gets morning sun only, and it seems to be very happy there this year.  Due to the early warm/hot weather this year, it's blooming way ahead of schedule.  I'm very glad it has reverted back to its blue coloring - the other spot had it flowering pink/purple no matter what I amended the soil with.  Also... when we moved this plant, it actually broke into 2 pieces, and the other piece is doing as well, on the other side of this garden in the front of the house. O0

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: blue lacecap hydrangea
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 05:08:14 AM »
That's beautiful!!!  It's scary moving a plant like that--just goes to show you not to be afraid to do it--even when you break it in the process.  Plants are much tougher than we give them credit for--although I surely have killed a LOT in my gardening years!   lol
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 10:47:56 AM »
Oh so pretty and different.
My Mom has a hydrangea that is blooming now, all shades of lavender, pink and white.  I know we should probably amend the soil, but we like it that way!

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 05:55:16 PM »
Oh that is beautiful

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"