Author Topic: yellow and white!  (Read 1569 times)

Offline LynneNY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/06/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
yellow and white!
« on: June 23, 2010, 09:42:13 AM »
This is my first yellow water lily in bloom. o(:-)  Bought it at PetSmart so I don't know which one it is... all the bag said was "yellow".  I am very happy with the color and shape - especially for an inexpensive variety.

And here is my Lizard's Tail finally blooming out - I wasn't too impressed with the tight flower spikes, but now that it's getting fluffy it looks so much nicer!

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: yellow and white!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 10:04:04 AM »
Both are beautiful!  I love nature's variety, don't you?   ;)
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 10:39:08 AM »
Beautiful pictures. I love yellow lilies.

Offline HOWELL

• Members
  • With us since: 15/06/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 11:36:22 AM »
That lizard's tail is awesome...and I do too love cheap lillies that bloom just like expensive ones... O0
Scott I'll miss you buddy... :(

Offline Pondering

• Members
  • With us since: 14/03/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 01:27:13 PM »
Great pictures! i'm still waiting for my yellow to bloom.  {:-P;;  We just put it in this year.... lot's of leaves, but no blooms.  :no:  Same with my lizards tail.  Guess i'll have to print a picture of yours and put it where mine should/will be.  lol

Offline tootsie

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Meet Christian, my newest Grandson :)
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 01:36:07 PM »
I love the pretty yellow lily also :) What zone are you in? I never tried to grow the lizard's tail, nor have I spotted it at any nursery.
Tootsie

Offline LynneNY

• Members
  • With us since: 30/06/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 01:49:38 PM »
Great pictures! i'm still waiting for my yellow to bloom.  {:-P;;  We just put it in this year.... lot's of leaves, but no blooms.  :no:  Same with my lizards tail.  Guess i'll have to print a picture of yours and put it where mine should/will be.  lol

Too funny!!! But I know just how you feel!!! I won't be able to grow tropical lilies, but I do drool over everyone's pictures here!

Thanks for your kind comments everyone!  It's all so very exciting for me when things succeed in the pond, after having 2 summers of frustration in the beginning.

Pondering - I just put the yellow lilies in at the end of April this year.  The ryhzomes were very little and half dead, but I was determined!!!  I got the lizard's tail at a new Lowes at the end of July last summer, and only got one bloom then as well.  So I was thrilled that it overwintered well, and is now blooming its head off!  Or I should say tail! lol

Tootsie - I am in zone 6 - we put the pot in the bottom of the pond for winter - it's about 2 1/2 feet deep, and also had a heater going.  Not sure about using it again next year, as the electric bill was literally almost as high as our mortgage payment and that is not low!!! :-\

Offline tootsie

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Meet Christian, my newest Grandson :)
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 02:06:57 PM »
Hi LynneNY,
I take all the pond lilies get them ready for fall and put them in the deep end of the pond for winter. Now I know that is wayyyyy too deep, as when I tried pulling them out...most of them escaped ! They were down in about 8-10 ft. of water and sending up pads and flowers!!  I bought an Aquatic Marginal, Rose Mallow(hibbe),' Marvel Mix'
in the fall I planted it in the garden, this spring put in the shallow end of the pond in clay. So far it is growing tall, and has quite a few leaves :) I was sent some Sweet Flag from a sweet gal on here :) I had it in the pond, then in the fall I planted them in the back garden too!  Since putting it in the pond it's just growing away! Hope it grows a little too :) I also planted some ribbon grass in the clay, at the shallow end. I never knew it loved the water! I had always grown in in the garden. Guess we never know until we try @O@
Tootsie

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 04:12:08 PM »
Very nice, love the yellow's. Your lizzard's tail looks great.

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 06:12:06 PM »
Nice picture pretty yellow lily too  O0

bonnie

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"