Author Topic: "universal" power tool battery charger...  (Read 1065 times)

Offline tammie

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
"universal" power tool battery charger...
« on: December 04, 2006, 08:49:09 AM »
Does anybody know if there is a "universal" power tool battery charger?  I've killed the 2nd Craftsman 19.2 charger in 2 years...  I should have never bought Craftsman.  Maybe I can just return the 2nd charger, like I did the first one, and get a replacement charger.  I'd just as soon get a charger that can charge the Craftsman batteries, and my Makitas too. 
Any ideas?
Thanks!
Tammie

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: "universal" power tool battery charger...
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 05:16:54 PM »
Tammie, unfortunately, each make of cordless power tool has a unique charger. There are no universal chargers that I know of. I would suggest taking it back. Now, what in the world are you doing to them things?

Scott
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline tammie

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 08:39:51 PM »
Shucks!  I had a feeling that was going to be the answer...  Years ago I had a DeWalt "super charger".  I took it in for repairs and the person there told me to keep it forever.  I was the only charger that would charge every companies batteries.  My was stolen from the repair shop, and they had to give me theirs.  Then that one was stolen from me...
My dear Scott, alto I don't use my drill, reciprocating saw, circular saw or even my drill press, as often as I used to, I own a horse ranch.  Lots of repairs.  Some days it's just one thing after another.  I'll forgive you for asking! lol  lol
Just pulling your leg, you can ask.   &-)  ;D
Tammie

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 05:46:34 PM »
Hey Tammie, save up your money and buy you a good brand cordless drill or tool set. Brands that I recommend are Milwaukee, DeWalt, or Rigid. If those brands are to expensive for you, get Black & Decker. All my woodworking tools are different brands. My circular saw is Black & Decker Quantum, my bench top table saw is Delta, and my recipricating saw is Chicago Electric(Harbor Freight). My small router table has a B&D 1/4" router, my other 1/4" is a Skil plunge router, and my big router table will have a CE 1/2" router in it. I have 3-4 cordless drills of different voltages. My corded drill is B&D Quantum 3/8" and I also have a 1/2" Quantum hammer drill. My bench top drill press is an off brand. I have a Dremel and a cordless Dremel. I could go on and on.

Scott
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 07:29:03 AM »
Love it all Scott. I bet you have a dust vacuum too? o(:-)
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline tammie

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 08:03:09 AM »
You know what I really, really want?  I want the Dodge Ram 2500 HEV!  It was suppose to come out this year, to the public.  It's all ready available to the military and fleet guys.  It's a diesel/electric!  The electric generator can run 4 households electric!  That way I can drive it to where I need power and just plug the tools in!  No more dead batteries! 
Wish Santa would bring me one of those!
Tammie
P.S. - You're right - I should have never gotten Craftsman... But you see, I didn't buy it, they were a Christmas gift from my husband!
Me

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 05:30:52 PM »
Jerry, I have a small shop vac that my ex broke a wheel off of that I'm going to convert to a dust collector. Especially since my present DW decided that we needed a new much bigger shop vac. @O@ I love my wife! (8:-)

Scott
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 10:20:24 PM »
Scott, my shop vac sucks! @O@ @O@ @O@ @O@
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"