Author Topic: Anthurium Seed  (Read 1917 times)

Offline Craig

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Anthurium Seed
« on: December 06, 2006, 01:41:58 PM »
If anyone is interested, I have fresh seed from A. plowmanii 'Ruffles', A. scandens ( a vining species) and A. vittafolium...also Amorphophallus bulbifer and possibly Colocasia gigantea.

Not looking for anything in particular, just hate the seed to go to waste.
Craig     SW FL 9B

Don't sweat the petty things....and don't pet the sweaty things.

Offline Sean

• Tropical Waterlily Guru
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Sean's Ponds & Patio Garden
Re: Anthurium Seed
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 03:07:05 PM »
I'd love to wave my hands and say me me, but alas, I think I can finally say, I have run out of room.

Great seed you are offering Craig.

Cheers,
Sean
Vancouver BC Zone 8B
...........Click my Gif's............

Offline finnpond

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 06:02:26 PM »
Hello...  Any chance of getting them started in the Pacific NW?  Love anthuriums after living in Hawaii and Florida for 8 years apiece, and we have some colocasia's as indoor plants, but am also wintering over some from the pond in our garage...  I do have lights and a bench to start things, but don't have anything to trade....... I would pay dollars, however... 

Thanks...  Dave

Offline Craig

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 01:52:18 PM »
Hi Dave,

I can send you some seed, but I have no idea how they will do in the Pacific NW.  No need to worry about trading, just pm your address and next time I go to town I'll get them off to you.
Craig     SW FL 9B

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 06:31:29 PM »
If you are still in the giving mood I would like to get mey hands on Amorphophallus bulbifer (VooDoo Lily right?) My wife and I saw some of these earlier this year and she thought they were beautiful. I told her she might think different if she "stopped and smelled the roses" as it were. ;D
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline Craig

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 04:04:00 PM »
So you want a 'stink' plant.<g>

If you want to play with seed of bulbifer that's cool; but if it just an Amorphophallus ( Voodoo Lily) you are wanting I have some spare bulbs and can send one and jump start your collection.

Only thing is....they got mixed so it could be an A. bulbifer you get or it could be A. paeonfolius.  Your call.

Craig     SW FL 9B

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 06:52:51 PM »
Craig I am game, Lets try the Bulb and see what we get. You best guess it and we will go from there O0 Maybe you can give me the rundown on Soil conditions and fertilizers, best time to plant etc..... :)
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline Craig

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 04:09:57 PM »
Pm or email me your address and I will most likely get it out next week.  I'm not the world's best typer, so I'll copy the Amorphophallus growing protocol that I got from the Fairchild tropical Botanical Gardens and put it in with the bulb.  No big deal but worth reading.
Craig     SW FL 9B

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 08:20:13 PM »
Craig,
    Looking forward to it, thanks. I PM'ed you my information. Andy @O@

Offline Craig

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 02:14:13 PM »
Hey El...if I may be so informal<g>

Does UPS work for you?  Depending on how our week shapes up, it might be easier ( and cheaper) if I use UPS.  I'm hoping to send a bulb big enough that you stand the chance of getting a Mother's Day flower for your wife this Spring.<g>
Craig     SW FL 9B

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2007, 09:13:08 PM »
sure does! My UPS guy is used to bringing me plants! If you have a Pay Pal account I will gladly pay for the shipping, If not I can send it to you. Andy Can't wait!

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 12:48:20 PM »
Craig,
    I received the Bulb (and the seed)  @O@ Did you include the article? It was awful dark last night and I may have missed it. Andy I am still  ecstatic!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"