Author Topic: Chat menu?  (Read 1463 times)

Offline Jennie in MT

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • C'mon! Pucker up for a little fishy kiss!
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Chat menu?
« on: July 09, 2010, 11:54:35 PM »
I keep seeing ppl listed as being in the chat room.  But when I get there, it is empty.......   {:-P;;

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Chat menu?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 05:52:17 AM »
I've noticed that too
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 06:28:49 AM »
I'm doing an experiment...I am in the Chat room and made a post...CHAT is not indicating anyone is there.

Hmmmmm.......This isn't usually how it works.  If a light shows there are 1.2.3 etc in chatroom there is usually someone there.  I wonder is there is a problem.

I usually don't even enter the chat room until 9:00 PM central, because that is when the scheduled chat begins.  I have popped in during the day if it showed someone was there and visited with a newbie.

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 06:32:14 AM »
 {-)  Now it is lite up and I have posted already...so apparently there is a delay...I'll exit and see what happens.

;D  Yes it shows I'm still there...so maybe when you drop in everybody just left.  A couple of minutes and the user light is still blinking.

::)  OK...I even left this site and checked out some others and dropped back in and the chat user light stayed lite for about 5 minutes after I left...so I ASSUME ;) ;) that you have been barely missing the folks when they do a mass exidus   :'(

« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 06:39:31 AM by SueSTx »

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 06:56:48 AM »
I notice a delay too, but when I pop in, I did last night, many were there as was indicated.
I think there were 5 of us
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

Offline ThornyGardener

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Members
  • With us since: 24/05/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 07:17:52 AM »
The other day I had been merrily typing away only to look up and see no letters were appearing. (Yes yes I'm embarrassed to report that after all these decades typing, I still look at the keyboard.) Two minutes later a window popped up saying I had timed out even though I am logged in as forever. That happened about a week ago too without the typing to myself part. 

Offline matherfish

• Trade Count: (75)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 07:32:47 AM »
TG, sometimes when I am typing away in chat I look at the screen and see that my curser is not in the info box so I have to click on the box and start again.
Most of the time I get into the chat room around 9-9:30 central time. There are usually people there until 11  or 11:30. I look at the light next to chat room tab. and then go down to the bottom of the screen to see who is there. It will tell you the names of who is in the room, where as the chat notice just tells how many.
Also, sometimes people go in the room and if no one is there, they do not exit, but also go to other computer sites, maybe read threads, etc.  while waiting to see if anyone else comes in. They show being there, but their attention is elsewhere for a few minutes.
Good talkinmg with you last night Jerry. Missed you when I was there Sue.
Drop in and lets chat, Jenny in mt and kittyzee, and all members! We want to get to know you.

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 07:44:28 AM »
I'm usually in there from 8:30pm-10:30pm CT, that's 9:30-11:30pm ET. Sometimes the number of people in the chat room will not show unless you refresh the page or go to a new page. Jennie and Luann, if you can get in there during my time, you will enjoy it as we do talk ponds but have a lot of fun and joking to. For those that don't know, you can get "real time" help in the chat room. I look forward to seeing you two and Thorny again in the chat room. I think our record is 11 at one time. :)

Jerry, there are a few issues about the chat room. People getting logged off is the most popular one. It happens to me if I PM with someone for a little while in the room.
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline Sean

• Tropical Waterlily Guru
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Sean's Ponds & Patio Garden
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2010, 10:32:45 AM »
If you just close the chat screen, it takes 5 minutes to log you out. If you use the red button in Chat to leave it logs you out instantly.

Cheers,
Sean
Vancouver BC Zone 8B
...........Click my Gif's............

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2010, 10:58:57 AM »
It takes a computer guru to know!  We have one!
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2010, 05:16:47 PM »
We sure do. We have a nice time in chat. So please join us.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"