Offline 2vetts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/08/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
comets
« on: July 14, 2010, 11:33:51 AM »
we bought half dozen comets at two different times last summer . later had some babies . lost some fish last fall and a couple over winter , had a parasite problem late in year .  in any case had 16 fish earlier this year currently have seven as we've been feeding our ''pet'' [ his words not mine] blue heron . in addition to these seven we have 4 new babies . my question is will we end up with weird fish . i'm concerned with ''inbreeding'' ,that is, mother and father being to closely related . don't know if this is a concern in fishies or just animals higher up the food chain. thanks..........peace

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: comets
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 01:10:15 PM »
I think it would be very difficult to figure out who did whom in my pond but it seems all the babies I've every had made out alright...I mean appear normal.  I raise feeder fish for my turtles and so far the babes and parents are co-mingling and the results are abundant healthy looking fishies.

I have wakins that seem to grow big ol' bumps on them because of a freak inherent problem but their mutt babes with Shubs seem ok. 

Hope that answer your fears.

Offline nartas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 13/12/2022
    YearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: comets
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2023, 11:04:15 PM »
Always maintain a clear workspace around the ladder. Remove any objects, debris, or obstacles that can pose a tripping hazard. If you're working in a high-traffic area, use cones, tape, or barriers to mark off the space and ensure others stay away. best ladder for cleaning gutters 2023

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"