Author Topic: Living Under a Black Cloud  (Read 2733 times)

Offline KatFish

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Members
  • With us since: 20/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Living Under a Black Cloud
« on: July 14, 2010, 05:58:37 PM »
Hi everyone, I have been having a very bad few days, and need to vent.  First, someone broke out the windows of my bf's car, tried to peel the column and then peed all over the car when they couldn't steal it.  Then, my bf dropped a cabinet onto my new car and scraped off a good bit of paint.  Even better, the next day I go to work and lose my job.  VERY briefly, I was forced to quit because the boss' son was verbally assaulting me and I couldn't handle it any longer.  This guy is more than a foot taller than me, very scary, and got in my face (I mean that - like 1" away) screaming about how worthless and stupid I am because another employee was stealing.  I had NOTHING to do with it, but as a woman, it was my fault.  He hates women.  I am alternately very depressed and down and angry.  I don't know what to do.  I'm losing my insurance, and I need surgery, not to mention all the drugs I need to stay alive.  I can't afford them now!  Sorry to dump on you all, but I am so sad. 

Offline Loony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Living Under a Black Cloud
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 06:15:14 PM »
Oh KatFish, that really stinks. I'll be praying for you and even though I don't know you, I do care. (((((cyberhugs)))))

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 06:24:09 PM »
I am so sorry I hope things get better fast. God answers prayers.

Offline KatFish

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 06:43:00 PM »
 :hug:  Thanks guys - trying hard to stay positive, but you know..... 

Offline Pondering

• Members
  • With us since: 14/03/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 06:46:20 PM »
{{{hugs}}} vent anytime you like, you have every right to be angry and mad.  Take it one day at a time, I hate to say it 'cause it sounds so cliche, but this may have been a blessing in disguise... that guy sounded like a real jerk.  Hang in there!

Offline lerchcon

• Members
  • With us since: 11/07/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 07:03:48 PM »
Maybe the bosses son has a hard time comming out of the closet, maybe he is gay, and takes out his own indiscretions on employees.  Or if he is married maybe his wife beats him.  Hopefully after the way that he treated you, this may make you smile a little.  Hnag in there, I am a few years younger but have had really bad luck all my life for whatever reason, I am not sure I guess i am the opposite of everything lucky in life.  I think it is because I was dropped on head or something.  But I am sure that there is someone here with worse circumstances to afraid to share, so when I am down I always say to myself it could be worse.  At least you and your hubby have each other right.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 07:04:48 PM »
Katfish, I am so sorry.  I don't know why things happen in bunches like this, but it seems like they do.  You will get thru this and things will be better--try not to focus on all the bad and take this one day at a time.  I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers--please let us know how you are doing.   :hug:
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline tugo

• Members
  • With us since: 07/07/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Tugopond
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 12:34:49 AM »
Katfish, you know such things happen in life time to time. Try to keep strong and positive, these days will pass also and you will be happy again in short time. Hope for you.

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 05:16:24 AM »
Hang in there, Kathy. I have a feeling that y'all will make it just fine. You will be giving us a happy report soon.
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline 2vetts

• Members
  • With us since: 18/08/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 05:39:20 AM »
your black cloud is probably from having the misfortune of meeting me . sorry you're having problems and that your health is [apparently] poor . i've pictured you as having an ideal life....i hope i was seeing your future ..........peace

Offline HOWELL

• Members
  • With us since: 15/06/2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2010, 10:17:22 AM »
I hate that...please give me your bosses phone so I can scare the crap outta him thru the phone.
I cannot stand those people. He should be fine and you get a big amount of money because he just fired you with not enough proofs.
Well sorry I got mad at that but it just seems so unfair.
Well hope you get to feel better and if you need my help just give me a holler.
I hope things get better. O0
Scott I'll miss you buddy... :(

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2010, 01:50:28 PM »
Howell, you are funny!

Kathy, have you considered you may have been fired because they didn't want to pay the medical expenses for your upcoming surgery and / or meds?  If so, there may be some legal recourse against their actions.  On the other hand, it sounds like you're better off being rid of them.

Take a few days to hang low and rest up.  You need time to mourn and rant and heal, and after a few days your mind clears up and you can figure out what direction you want to head in.  In the meantime, nothing at all wrong with taking up space on the couch watching old movies and pigging out on - I would suggest jalepeno potato chips and root beer, maybe some chunky Chips Ahoy with peanut butter tossed in the mix.    :D

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2010, 02:01:49 PM »
There is a rainbow after the storm you've been through, Katfish.  Like all the caring folks above said....take the time to take care of yourself first, then get back up and walk ahead.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2010, 06:36:50 PM »
Just checking in Katfish to see how you are doing.  If I were you I'd head on down to Julles' place and hang out:  I'll go with you--she had me at the jalapeno potato chips and peanut butter!    lol
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2010, 08:49:06 AM »
I'm sorry Katfish. I hope things get better for you.
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline tootsie

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Meet Christian, my newest Grandson :)
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2010, 07:20:35 AM »
Kathy, I too thought the same thing Julles did! I know of a few cases where the dirty rats you have worked your butt off for, cut you off at the knees >:(-  For no good reason!  Feel all of the love that is coming your way :hug: You will be in my prayers, stay strong ;) No evil deed goes unnoticed!

Tootsie

Offline KatFish

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2010, 12:50:33 PM »
Thanks everyone.  Oh, and 2Vettes, PLEASE tell me that was a joke!!!!!!  I really hope so - sweetie, this had been coming to a head for a long while.  I would actually like to meet up with you again and chat about all things aquatic  :hug:  Right now I'm slowly starting to feel better.  I'm in the middle of finals for two really difficult classes in human anatomy, so my mind is well occupied.  Movies and chips - good suggestion!  I will take it under advisement  :D  I am still looking toward to bright side of things - like my froggy - and will keep you all up to date on the good stuff that is sure to come next.

Offline 2vetts

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2010, 05:17:26 PM »
''seeing your future life as ideal'', no not a joke . good luck and glad things are not quite so black today .

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2010, 06:16:49 PM »
Sometimes writing a note helps with depression.  Consider opening your heart to your former boss describing in detail what his son said and did and the resulting consequences.  Lay the burden off of you and onto him. -Take care.

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline 2vetts

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2010, 05:31:36 AM »
hope things have gotten better . you haven't posted for a while which i'd like to think is a good sign [ that you are busy]  but suspect it is not .

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"