Author Topic: Hiding in plain sight... (Update)  (Read 4241 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Hiding in plain sight... (Update)
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2010, 07:43:54 AM »
Me too. Hate the webs on my skin, especially my face. I think when I was a child, I was going down stairs to the basement of our church. I must have been the first one to go there and ran into a web on a landing where the stairs turned. I swear, I could feel that spider crawling on me. I don't know if that is what makes me hate them so or not. Of course on the farm, there must have been several instances where I ran into one or had them on my skin. Now sometimes when I walk through an area, especially at night, where webs have been before, I'll put my arm up in front of my face, "just in case".

The weeds and undergrowth used to be up within maybe 10' of our pool. The huge wolf spiders would come to the pool and stand on the surface of the water-----lots of them!!!! My hair stands on end, just thinking about it. I think the water was warmer than the grass etc so they came there to get warm maybe. They can run across the surface of the water. The filter didn't run at night so the water surface was quiet. We now have cleared the land way back and we don't get them much any more. But when it gets this time of year, I know to look closely when I pull the skimmer basket out so as not to grab one of those huge spiders.

Offline ram

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/07/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Hiding in plain sight... (Update)
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2010, 11:45:12 AM »
Lol when I was little, my Mom said I used to go around the driveway stomping on ants and saying "Poor little ant." I also hated spiders and loved snakes (I still do Lol).

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"