Author Topic: Woke up to a flat tire . . . .  (Read 2174 times)

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Woke up to a flat tire . . . .
« on: August 10, 2006, 07:55:19 AM »
I'm getting so tired of car trouble.  It seems that I end up stranded about every 3 months.  I've had flat tires, dead batteries, holes in the radiator, missing air valves (not even sure what the devil that one was, but it cost a bunch) and every other kind of trouble you can have.  DH is no help at all . . . . he never seems to be able to get the lug nuts off the wheel so I always end up doing it.  When the girls turned on the air without turning on the engine and ran down the battery, he refused to even come and get us!  (Said that his car doesn't have battery access so there was nothing he could do anyway.)

So this morning when he woke me up to tell me that I had a flat tire and he was going to work . . .

(What if I had to get the girls somewhere?  What if there was some emergency?)

So I called tripple A and joined up.  I had to pay extra to get the flat fixed this morning and I still have to go get a plug in the tire, but next time I won't have to worry about who's going to come get me.

Think DH needs a spanking!

Offline karen J

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
Re: Woke up to a flat tire . . . .
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 08:42:26 AM »
I have the perfect solution.

You know those small bags of air people use to ship things? Take the small bag of air, and tuck it behind hubby's rear tire. When he goes to back up out of the garage (or driveway, etc), he will run over the bag and pop it.

May sound lame, but it makes a large popping sound and usually wakes a person up real quick. He will think his tire popped. When he gets out of the car and realizes his tire is not popped, he will then have to inspect the entire car to figure out what went wrong.

It's a great joke, but not to be performed on anyone with a heart condition.
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline Krista

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 08:47:17 AM »
I can not believe your dh... good for you for taking care of you and your family. And sorry to hear you have car issues. Of course now that you have TripleA, you won't have another problem as long as you have it. 
Mom of twins, knitting nut, and want to get back into water gardening.

Offline Teresa

• Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 12:53:23 PM »
Ugh!  That Man!!! 

He called me just a couple of minutes ago and asked if I got the tire fixed.  I told him the flat was changed but the tire has a rock in it and needs to be plugged.  He asked who I got to change it or if I did it (I can and have before, but I hate to on my car because it's so big).  I told him I joined tripple A and he said "You shouldn't have done that."  Hunh?  Seems they were having a membership drive in his building today and he thought he coulda gotten a better deal.  WHO CARES!?  At least now when that stupid car breaks down and I'm stranded I'll have someone who gives a d@mn to call!!!

He is also peeved cuz I can't take the tire and get it plugged today . . . DD#1 is expecting a very important call from her college professor and I had to get 10 boxes of clothes/toys/etc to my friend for a consignment sale (also gave her the remaining african clawed frogs and the newts for her two little boys) and I have to pack because we're heading for the beach in the morning.  My day was booked solid before the tire went flat and these are all things that HAVE to be done today - or at least before we go to the beach.  (The consignment sale is next week while we're at the beach and if I don't give my girlfriend the stuff to sell, she won't bring me back the girls' new school clothes . . . it works to my advantage, believe me).

He could have come home for lunch, picked up the tire and taken it to be plugged.  He could have cared enough to do something about it when he discovered it this morning.  He could have asked what was planned for today.  He didn't.  He's gonna be ticked when he finds out that the tire has to be fixed in the morning before we leave, but that's life!

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 01:16:46 PM »
Teresa, Sounds like one of those crappy days that you just want to be over. :-\

Yes, nothing is worse than car troubles.

I went so many years having to drive vehicles that were unpredictable.  I'll never forget the Toyota that I had, the carburator caught fire a couple of times and the hood flew open one time on me and another on my brother when he was driving it.
I was sooo glad to get rid of that piece of crap!

Should I dare ask if you are fixing DH his favorite for supper? &-) >:(-

Offline Teresa

• Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2006, 02:20:16 PM »
As if . . . . I'll be lucky to get some hotdogs fixed for the girls.  We're supposed to go out tonight . . . too much for one day!

Offline Krista

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2006, 06:43:07 PM »
I would of fed him chicken hearts if he pulled that on me. As much as I moan about my dh, he does take care of his duties.  Hope the beach is a good time for at least you :)
Mom of twins, knitting nut, and want to get back into water gardening.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2006, 06:47:59 PM »
So sorry Teresa for all that's going on with the car, but especially with DH.  You can certainly send that sucker up here and I'll treat him to a little old fashioned farm-girl strong arm tactics to whip his lame a$$ back into shape.....thanks.....I feel MUCH better now &-)

LuAnn
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline fishlipsmcgee

• Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2006, 06:06:53 AM »
I'm sorry Teresa.  Sounds like one of those crappy days!  I hope you be able to relax during your time at the beach and like Krista said now that you have AAA your car will behave itself and stop giving you problems.
Shot, beaten, starved, sold for medical research...
No wonder they run so fast.
Save a retired racing greyhound.

The Racing Life...One out of two will have NO LIFE after racing - Adopt a Retired Racing Greyhound

Offline Teresa

• Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2006, 09:31:46 AM »
Yesterday was a pretty crappy day.  In all fairness to DH, he isn't very car savvy and joining triple a was something I should have done a long time ago.  I do know how to change my own tires, but I have such a big vehicle now that the tires are huge and heavy and I'm a wuss.   He's not such a bad guy, I just get irritated at him sometimes - and I vent.  Better here than at him, for sure.

We went out last night and had a great time - saw Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young and it was a wonderful concert.  It rained here for the first time in a while and it was a huge downpour, so there was a lot of street flooding and everything was a mess.  I got soaked.  We both wished we'd taken my car because it can and will and has forded rivers - his car can't and going thru water that was 3 feet deep wasn't an option . . . had to go the long way around when we ran into that - twice!

Got the hole in the tire plugged this morning and the car is packed and ready to go . . . looking forward to some sand and sun and fun . . . Casey loves the beach and so do the girls.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"