Author Topic: Attention Scott and Esther  (Read 1176 times)

Offline Bearb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 29/08/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Attention Scott and Esther
« on: July 25, 2010, 01:40:27 PM »
I just wanted to let you both know the plants you sent me are settling in nicely.

Esther, all of the different marginals you sent died back a few days after I got them but have begun putting up new growth. I still plan to let them run wild the rest of the season and probably next until I decide which I like (where) then I will keep them better managed. Did you ever plant that little tropical start? How is it doing?

Scott, Helvola is doing great. I was leaving town last week and noticed that the first bloom would happen while I was away. Over the trip and the days following, I had some unexpected health problems and am just now getting a chance to look at the pond. What a charming tiny yellow flower; I love her!

Sorry no pics, in the confusion, I have misplaced the camera. . .

Thanks guys!
Bryan

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Attention Scott and Esther
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 03:58:07 PM »
Unfortunately Bearb I didn't label stuff. Some leaves on the Pickeral browned but I snipped them right off and now it has sent up all new leaves and looks great. The iris has new shoots so it is OK. Something died I think, maybe the little one. I'll have to go out and look again and see if it is that one and maybe it has turned around. Again what was the lily? The one with the maroon blotchy pads. I thougt it was a gonner because I didn't plunk it in the water quickly but there are several blotchy marooney pads there in that preform I've not seen before so it must have survived.

By the way, most of that stuff I sent you originally came from a gal in Wisconsin about 6 years ago named Linda Hernandez. I don't remember her screen name. She's still around on another forum and Facebook but don't know if she's here. She's bigtime into her border collies.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 05:17:19 PM by Esther »

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 06:08:29 PM »
Glad it's blooming again. I've got two more dwarfs to grow and maybe bloom this year.
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline Bearb

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 09:13:02 AM »
Esther, those blotchy maroon leaves are the Arch En Ciel lily. I'm glad it made it, since that was the whole point in sending you a package. . . the one that didn't make it, I'm sure was the start of N. Zenkeri (green tiger lotus [actually a lily not a lotus]). You usually see it as an aquarium plant but it has a night blooming flower so I try to grow a Green or Red one in a Dixie cup so I can see a flower or two during the week. That division was kinda small so it probably had the odds stacked against it. If it had a set back, I doubt it will give yo a good tuber by the time your winter hits. . .

Scott, What other dwarfs are you growing out? My minuta (the one I left in the aquarium) is getting bigger and my patience is paying off. I'm starting to like these little lilies and may seek to add another to the collection next year. I have been keeping my larger ones pruned back pretty aggressively. I'm getting smaller leaves but fewer blooms as well. If i could bring myself to get rid of plants I already have I would go all dwarfs. . .
Bryan

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 06:27:48 PM »
Bryan, I now have Berit Strawn and Solfatare. I'm also getting a white from someone else. I will have to see it first but it is suppose to be a dwarf odorata.
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline Bearb

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 06:58:14 AM »
Cool, you must have an impressive list of specimens!
Bryan

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"