Author Topic: Taros - variegated & colored  (Read 1121 times)

Offline JoshS

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • In The Country Garden & Gifts
Taros - variegated & colored
« on: August 04, 2010, 09:44:44 AM »
It's time for my annual, fly-by...

I grew several new taros this year and would prefer to get rid of what I have left than mess with over wintering them.  Some of the big specialty nurseries are getting big bucks for these new introductions.  I've been selling them for $9, but will offer them here for $7 each...or in multiples of 3 for $20.

They are growing in quart pots and the foliage stands between 16" to 24" tall.

Shipping will be $8 for up to 3 plants and $0.75/plant for each additional plant.  Plants will be shipped bare root.

PM me here or email me at josh@inthecountrygardenandgifts.com with questions or orders.  I will send out PayPal invoices which can be payed through your PayPal account or by credit card (you do not need a PayPal account!).

I have these three varieties (descriptions copied from my website):

'Midori Sour' - A new addition to the growing number of variegated Elephant Ears. This one has large yellow leaves that look like they have been lightly sponge painted with with green. A purple spot marks where the stems joins the leaf. Colocasia 'Midori Sour' will grow 4-6' tall if planted in rich, constantly moist soil. Prefers bright light, but may need some protection from hot mid day sun in drier locations.

'Mojito' - Just a couple left.  One of the wildest Elephant Ears out there! This sport of Colocasia 'Black Marble' has large green leaves that are splattered with dark purple markings. No two leaves are the same. Colocasia 'Mojito' will grow to 6' tall if planted in rich, constantly moist soil.

‘Elena’ - Large gold Elephant Ears grow to 3' tall.  More vigorous and brighter than X. 'Lime Zinger'.
Josh
Iowa - z4

In The Country Garden & Gifts
http://www.inthecountrygardenandgifts.com

Gardener's Touch Hand Cream
http://www.gardenerstouch.net

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"