Author Topic: They were wrong.  (Read 921 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
They were wrong.
« on: August 06, 2010, 09:35:45 PM »
You "can" teach an old dog new tricks. We have disabled our land line and fortunately we were able to move the number we've had for 40 years to my new cell phone. Now I just have to learn to keep it turned on, with me, and charged. Pete was able to move his old cell # to the new one too so there are some +s about this situation. I think the expense of the old landline and what we were spending on the old Tracfone minutes will about come out the same but we get lots more minutes, they are shared between us, and will roll over. This is going to be so weird. Our house is kinda stretched out so we have about 10 jacks in the house and 7 phones + one out in the polebarn.

Pete's used to carrying a cell phone but mine was always in my purse turned off and often out of power.

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: They were wrong.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 05:21:23 AM »
Just remember if you have the cell in your pocket at the pond...water and cell phones do not mix  ;)

I always lay mine in the swing while I'm piddling.

Offline moondivatx

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 26/05/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 06:33:31 AM »
Esther, I got rid of my land line probably 3 years ago and just have DSL.  FB helps me keep up with many friends and relatives.  I have a saucer in the den and one in my bedroom...THAT is where I put my phone when not in use.  Since I live alone it's easy to lose it..so I have those delegated spots. 

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 12:53:03 PM »
My son bought me a wood "charging" station that holds two phones so we will put that on the night stand to charge by the bed.

Yah, I've heard more than one horror story about losing cell phones one way or another.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"