Author Topic: This post keeps my promise. Pics added!  (Read 3367 times)

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
This post keeps my promise. Pics added!
« on: August 11, 2010, 07:32:43 PM »
I told Esther that I would only report good news from now on so, here it is. My wife and I are both working but I'm only part time. I've replaced a lot of the plants that I've lost. And now the most important one. DRUM ROW!

Sarah and I are moving into a house of our own again. We will sign a five year lease with no deposit and after the five years, the owner may consider doing an owner finance deal with us. The house is a 1400 sq ft double wide mobile home on one acre of land. All appliances are included as well as a riding mower, a push mower, and a weed eater. ;D
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 06:26:02 PM by PondmaninAL »
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline matherfish

• Trade Count: (75)
  • Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: This post keeps my promise.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 08:13:24 PM »
Fantastic news, Scott. Congratulations!!

Offline moondivatx

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 26/05/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 08:15:44 PM »
WoooooHoooooo  o( o( o( 

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 09:07:19 PM »
 @O@ Great news!  But what are you going to do with 1 acre of land!?!  o( o( o( o( o( o( o( o( o( o( o( o( o( o( o( o( o( o( o( o( o( o( o( o( :D

Offline purplepshn2004

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • me
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 09:22:15 PM »
That's great Scott!  I know you and your wife have been wanting that for a long time!  It will be great!  I'm sure you'll have no problem filling up that acre! Yipee!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 10:24:48 PM »
Great news.  Thanks for the update.  I'm guessing you will be using the riding mower and your fetching bride using the push mower.......   O0
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 08:40:33 AM »
Oh wow. What exciting news!! Finally a place of your own. I'll bet you are ready. Hope it all works out well.

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 06:43:23 PM »
Thanks y'all. It will be great to get away from my family from Hell.

Annette, there is only half of that acre that is cleared, right now, but there will be a temporary greenhouse put up after we move in and a hot house built when we are buying. Also, I'm holding off on that super pond until we are closer to buying it. I might build a small one until then. ;D

Mikey, my wife will be on the riding mower, I'll be pushing the other one. :(

Oh, and there will be no pond plant destroying mongrel there. @O@ @O@ @O@ @O@
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 08:46:07 PM »
Build a big enough pond and you won't have much grass to even worry about a riding mower, he he.  Oh Turtle Mike, can you come to Alabama...

Congrats!

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 05:12:28 AM »
Good for you Scott!  Don't leave tire tracks on anyone's backside getting the heck out of there.... lol
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 05:56:31 AM »
That's wonderful news Scott.  Congratulations.  Too bad we're not close enough to help with the move.

Yesterday I was going to use the riding mower.  DH came home and took over because he said it was too hot for me.  I immediately got out the push mower to trim up around the tanks etc.  Guess who finished first!

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010, 06:43:44 AM »
Thanks again, y'all.

Kim, my wife will limit the size for me.  :( She has a truck and car and with her enjoying messing with her car, she wants a concrete driveway and a car port. My Dakota will be left out in the rain. :(

Oh, speaking of my Dakota. A mechanic from work came by and put his scanner on it. Looks like we will be replacing the distributor. Good news though, the part won't cost us anything.  @O@ Of course, if it ain't that, the only other thing that it could be is the computer. :'(

LuAnn, I would like to leave tire tracks on my nephew and niece (and something else that I won't mention {:-P;; ). Oh, my niece is here this weekend. >:(- If she doesn't take anymore classes, she'll be out next month. I'm hoping that we are out by then.

Sue, I'm about ready to go hire a few Mexicans to help move us to keep the family from knowing where we are. ;D
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

Offline HOWELL

• Members
  • With us since: 15/06/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2010, 10:39:01 AM »
This are really good news....congrats scott.
Scott I'll miss you buddy... :(

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2010, 06:19:09 PM »
Thank you, Howell.

Would y'all like to see some pics? ;D

Happy ponding,
Scott o(

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
    • View Profile
Re: This post keeps my promise. Pics added!
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2010, 08:25:17 PM »
That is great Scott. You will be so happy to have your own place

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2010, 08:42:52 PM »
An acre is a good size too.  Looks like plenty of room for your continers to start with.

Offline purplepshn2004

• Members
  • me
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2010, 09:06:44 PM »
Looks really nice Scott!  That's a really good sized shed out back too!  And two decks, that's really cool too!  I think you and Sarah will be really happy there!

Offline tugo

• Members
  • With us since: 07/07/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Tugopond
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2010, 01:57:00 AM »
Nice house and surrounding Scott. You have enough room to make your dreams come true. Congratulations:))

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2010, 06:47:43 AM »
Thanks y'all.

These were pics that was sent to us from the owner. There are pics of the inside to but not real clear and all their furniture was in there. I will take pics of the inside when the house is empty. The shed has a wall framed up about halfway in. I didn't walk into the shed. One reason is obvious, the concrete blocks under it. ::) The inside wall will be finished so I can use the outer part for my saws and construction. That way, I can work in there all year. Oh, I will add AC and heat to it. ;D
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2010, 07:10:45 AM »
Great Scott!!!---Great, Scott. O0 Lots of potential there for outdoor stuff.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2010, 11:49:03 AM »
Looks great for you and your wife!  Lots of yard and room to breathe.... 8)  I'm thinkin' you may want to shore up that shed a bit.... :o
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2010, 06:44:59 PM »
Looks great for you and your wife!  Lots of yard and room to breathe.... 8)  I'm thinkin' you may want to shore up that shed a bit.... :o

You betcha, LuAnn. O0

Oh, I forgot to mention that the shed has a loft in it. MORE STORAGE!!
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2010, 06:45:53 AM »
You never have enough room for storage...I live in an old house with no closets!  I'm always looking for lofts (attics, and a loft in the garage) to put something!  Why get rid of something I may need later...?   ::)
LuAnn

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2010, 04:54:53 PM »
Great news!!!!  I don't care how close a family is, it's always tough living with them. 
It looks like the previous owners kept things tidy on the outside, that's usually a good sign for the inside!

Karen

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2010, 06:34:53 PM »
LuAnn, sounds like me and you would get along just fine. My wife says that I'm a hoarder. ;D

Thank you, Karen.
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2010, 06:39:06 PM »
I've often wondered that about myself Scott--but I guess I'm nothing like those people on the tv show...I just hate to pitch something that I end up looking for and using again.  My husband says I hoard cats.... lol  but he's teasing...I think... :o
LuAnn

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2010, 05:42:18 PM »
I've often wondered that about myself Scott--but I guess I'm nothing like those people on the tv show...I just hate to pitch something that I end up looking for and using again.  My husband says I hoard cats.... lol  but he's teasing...I think... :o

lol lol lol lol lol lol
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2010, 07:35:42 PM »
Okay, a little update. The present tenant will be out by Saturday, August 28th. We are going to try to sign papers the following Saturday. @O@
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2010, 07:50:24 PM »
Well, it's final. We sign the papers on Sept. 4th and get possession on the 12th. We can start moving things in during the period between them two date. @O@ @O@ @O@ @O@ @O@ @O@
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2010, 05:02:26 AM »
That's awesome Scott!  Don't forget to post some pics! :)
LuAnn

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"