Author Topic: Home again!  (Read 1165 times)

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
Home again!
« on: August 23, 2010, 09:55:16 AM »
“The Swedish Gig”

A wonderful country!  Yes a week or so does not make one an expert, but what I saw and the people I met were indeed wonderful!

The production company “Acne” was superb.  We were treated royally.  We, being eight American actors who were flown there just for this gig.  We were fed on Salmon,
Shish kabob and other foods too numerous to mention.
The filming went well.  I was last as always.  Yes a few takes. On one the Director said “You cannot do it better than that!”
Everyone spoke English including the man on the street. Our hotel was the
 “Scandic Anglia.”  If not a 5 star hotel it had to be close.  It cost close to $300.00 per night.  All paid for by Acne.  I extended my stay and they were glad to pay the tab. 
I did not stay as long as planned.  Sightseeing alone is not fun.  Next time I will twist my wife’s arm to make sure she goes.
The people are blonde and tanned, why the tans I don’t know. Blondes in California would burn!

There are hundreds of Islands around Stockholm. Many boats ply the waters.  I visited a few Islands and stumbled into a “Framers Market” being set up! (It was 8:00 am)
Made a few “friends” and bought a few gifts.
The hard part was the 12-hour flight.  I wore compression stockings and walked and exercised often. I had no problem. Even the food on Lufthansa was okay!
The German barking orders over the PA were a tad disconcerting!  He sounded like a character from a war film!

The cast was super and will hopefully see a few of then in LA.

The first 3 gorgeous Swedish girls I saw (cast) turned out to be from LA !
Photos of buildings are not my thing.  Sure I took a few.  I find people more interesting.
What they do and how they live is fascinating to me.

Photos coming!

This was my "Granddaughter"   They made her kiss me many times until she got it right!  Lots of laughs from the crew!
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline moondivatx

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 26/05/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Home again!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 10:00:54 AM »
Happy you are home safe and sound...cute granddaughter!!  Post more pics when you can...what did you buy at the market?  Deb

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 10:21:20 AM »
Wow!  How time flies when you're having fun!  Glad you made it back safely, missed you here.  Cutie "granddaughter" and can't wait to see more photos.  Jet lagged?

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 10:30:15 AM »
Re:Jet lagged.  yes I sure was.  Seems less so coming home.  It was 4:00 am (Swedish) when I got home, only 5 pst. Slept well , at last. Ready for a nap now.
Here are a few random shots of cast and crew. Why blurry I have no idea.
In the photo with 3  both ladies are named Tracy.  The little girl is "Brooklyn" she was a charmer.
Her Mom is an actor -Realtor with an office just a mile from me.
I made a friend named Klaus.  he is local and we "island hopped together.  he is retired and has a monthly pass for that boats and just tours to keep busy.  A better guide would be hard to find.
Meeting him on board was an accident.
A few handsome boys on the way to a soccer match.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 10:41:11 AM by Jerry »
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

Offline Loony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 11:29:03 AM »
I'm glad you got to sight-see, albeit alone. Sounds like you had a great trip. It feels good to get home though, doesn't it?

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 02:31:47 PM »
Thanks for sharing. That's the only way I'll ever get there.

I have heritage there. Maiden name Bestrom. Family tried to do a search but it stopped at a "town hall" that burned down and all the records were lost.

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 07:21:38 PM »
Glad you are home safe and had a wonderful trip Jerry!  Too bad Elaine didn't go, you could have stayed longer and seen more!  Thanks for the pics!
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"