Author Topic: HELP if you can please....  (Read 7429 times)

Offline matherfish

• Trade Count: (75)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: HELP if you can please....
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2010, 04:08:21 PM »
Hi Julles. Email Kathy at MKBiggs@cavtel.net. she can give you her address or tell you where to send donations. I do not have it. Sorry. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Esther, that is a great looking clock!

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2010, 04:57:03 PM »
Will PM you her address. She said it was OK.

I know Frank. I was just a little jealous.

Offline perplexed ponder

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2010, 04:37:36 PM »
There is no smiley up there with tears of gratitude so I will use o(:-) to send you all love. I am so touched by all of you, I can't possibly put it into words. I have read the posts and they have brought tears to my eyes. The words of hope and encouragement and support mean more to me than you can know. I really feel it in my heart and remember it long after the computer is shut down for the night. Then I see that Frank is sending plants on his own ( and Frank's post was so beautiful) and my pond friends are sending me financial donations and Esther and Pete came to visit me today all the way from Grand Rapids and brought a car load of things for the benefit! Bird houses and feeders and a gorgeous clock thier Son made! Well, to say the least it is overwhelming and my family and I are sincerely grateful.
I tried to load a picture of Esther and Pete with Smokey thier dog, but my files are too large. Sorry! I'll put it on my facebook page.
Kathy

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2010, 08:30:10 AM »
What a wonderful visit with Kathy, Matt, Delaney, and (I can't remember) the son. Here is a picture taken in their back yard. It's amazing how people who have never met before can spend an afternoon chatting and be totally comfortable. Kathy and I have a lot in common with our craft/miniature interest.

And unfortunately, we have another common interest and that is cancer treatments and how this horrid disease affects families physically, emotionally and financially. That is why we were so drawn to do something for them. Because so many people helped my son and his family when their Braeden was so sick with cancer, I feel like it now is my job to "pay ahead" to other hurting families. Also, AWARENESS is a big thing for these families.

We were comparing situations about when Pete got layed off and Social Security kicked in. We were allowed to collect both completely. But Matt being on disability, is not allowed to earn a penny even if he felt well enough or he will lose the disability qualification. He has to wait 2 years to qualify for Medicare. It's so sad to hear that they have to choose between paying for Cobra and losing their home. There just doesn't seem to be any help out there for them financially.

Here is Kathy's pond. I couldn't get a good picture of it because of the layout. It is a little curved  and the water is nice and clear. She has several fish, including one huuuuuge white Koi----was it Opal. I bet it is around 30" long. Looked like a submarine down there. 

Got home last night. The day was so cloudy, breezy and cool, it didn't feel like much fun to be finding places to walk with the dog.
After a fine visit with Kathy and her family, we stopped to visit Pete's nephew and his family. We sat and watched the ( is it grand or great?) nephew whose in 5th grade practice football until I started to shake, I was so cold.
Here is the picture Kathy tried to post.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 09:15:24 AM by Esther »

Offline matherfish

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2010, 11:10:36 AM »
Thanks Kathy for the appreciation. We will continue praying, and hopfully others will be sending donations also.
Esther thank you for th update and the pics. It is nice to be able to put names with faces.

Offline perplexed ponder

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2010, 12:46:23 PM »
Ugh, that is a baaad picture! LOL!
I'm glad Esther was able to post my picture of her and Pete!
We received a box full of beautiful items from Mikey in the mail today! His Son, like Esther and Pete's is a talented woodworker and made a basket, box and gorgeous pens and these incredible decorated gourds!
Thanks so much to both of them! o(:-)
Kathy

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2010, 12:55:39 PM »
Hey Kathy. If you will take a picture of the things people send and post them on Facebook, I'll move them over here. I just highlight the picture and right click and "save as". Then I put it on Photobucket and then "copy" the Img line below the picture and paste it here. That is the only way I know how to do it because I don't really understand my resizing software.

Offline perplexed ponder

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2010, 01:09:34 PM »
Esther, that is a GREAT idea! I will do that as we make up the baskets for the raffles.
BONNIE- I also wanted to thank you for the Birdbath that Esther brought! It is so lovely and I think I can do a whole bird theme using it as the conatiner.
All of you have been so generous!!  o(:-)
Kathy

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2010, 04:13:21 PM »
Good idea Kathy to put stuff in the birdbath top as if it was a basket.

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2010, 04:05:50 PM »
Reminder: Benefit event in one more week.
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline matherfish

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2010, 07:58:49 AM »
Thanks everyone for your help. It is still needed if anyonhe else can help.

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2010, 09:57:03 AM »
That is a very good idea , Kathy . Using the birdbath top as a basket .
You are very Welcome !

bonnie

Offline perplexed ponder

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2010, 11:26:35 AM »
Received beautiful handmade rugs for the benefit from Indiana Karen today in the mail! She used a loom to make them from denim and they are really COOL! We are going to have some very lucky winners with all of these beautiful items, I am excited to see thier faces! o(:-)
It's really uplifting to know others care so much. It's been a very rough weekend around here. Another chemo appt last Friday (he receives  chemo meds through a pump at home until Sunday) So he really gets chemo for 3 days continually.
Kathy

Offline perplexed ponder

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2010, 04:47:50 AM »
Today is the big day! Esther will help me post pictures since I am not to savvy with the computer.
Kathy

Offline perplexed ponder

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2010, 02:34:30 PM »
 ;D Wow, what a wonderful evening we had last night at the benefit! The room was full of family and friends and we all had a blast! The winners of all the beautiful items you sent were so excited! I have a whole album on my FB page. We should be able to covers a few COBRA payments at least now and that is a relief.
Kathy

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2010, 04:42:48 PM »
That's great, Kathy, thanks for the update. 

I wish you had hubby well in the next months, and hope his treatment goes well.

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2010, 05:33:59 PM »
Here is a picture of the lady who won the rugs. She sure looks happy. This picture doesn't do the rugs justice at all. Maybe we can get Karen to send me another picture of them. The one she sent doesn't seem to download to Photobucket.

The pens that Mikey sent were included in several different baskets as they were too nice to give them all to the same person.

This is Alex Delvechio who played for the Detroit Red Wings (hockey) and is now in the Hall of Fame. Kathy's kids are with him.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 05:47:23 PM by Esther »

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2010, 07:14:59 PM »
Those are two cute kids. o(:-)

Here's a pic of the rugs.  I enjoy making them for family and friends.  They make great gifts.  Thanks for posting the picture of the lady that won them!

« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 07:17:02 PM by Indiana Karen »

Offline matherfish

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2010, 07:49:11 PM »
Kathy has mentioned that several others donated that have not contacted me. Please let me know so I can send you the plants if you want them.
Glad that the aution went well for you.

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2010, 04:06:22 PM »
Good Karen. Kathy posted a whole slew of pictures on Facebook of the people who won baskets and the people there but because the baskets were all wrapped in tulle, it was hard to see the contents.

Offline perplexed ponder

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2010, 03:20:04 AM »
 Karen, Thanks for posting the other picture of the rugs, they are so nice and the lady who won them was so amazed that they were made of jeans! She loved them.
Sorry for the pictures not showing all the contents well. Of course I forgot to take the pictures BEFORE I wrapped them! It took 2 solid days to put them all together. I couldn't beleive it. My Mother in Law kept asking if I had started them and I kept thinking it would only take an afternoon...WRONG! They were so pretty though. I did take some pictures at home of each one, maybe I can get Esther to post some.
My friends actually won the gourds and they love them,  I had them in a basket with a candle lantern, they got the tiger clock and a bunch of other stuff too (I'm having them buy my next lottery ticket!). The pens were divided between 5 different baskets. I made sure to let everyone know that they were handmade and to check out the website. Matt's Aunt won the one made of money and my Aunt won a the pretty wood one, she also won Esther and Pete's bird items. The blue was in the dog basket too because I had really cute dog note cards to put in there, and another was in with a tea set. I added pretty note cards to all the baskets with pens. Another cousin won the copper bird feeder.
I have been having people contact me all week telling me how much fun they had.
Thanks again everyone!
Kathy

Offline Renee48192

• Members
  • With us since: 29/09/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2010, 07:18:33 AM »
Hi Kathy.
I read this post for the first time this morning.  I just wanted to extend my prayers to you and your family. I live downriver, Wyandotte/Lincoln Park area. The fall is now here and winter will be here before we know it.  If I can be of any help, I am available anytime.  Maybe I can help you get the pond ready for winter. Or help with meals, housework, fall clean-up, or just be there to listen....please let me know if there is anything you need. Also, my daughter is an RN, working in Arizona for an oasis healing center in Mesa.  I have personally seen Dr. Lodi preform "miracles" with his approach to cancer. When people were given no hope with traditional medicine, he has helped them to live. I have been amazed. If you like, take a look at his website.         

http://www.anoasisofhealing.com/

I hope to hear from you!  I would feel blessed to help out. Warm regards, Renee

Offline perplexed ponder

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2010, 03:34:21 PM »
HI Renee,
Too bad you just found out, we had so much fun on Sunday and it would have been great to meet you, we were probably close to your house! Thanks so much for your prayers, we really need them. I will keep the website on hand. I have looked at Cancer Treatment Centers of America as well, trouble is there is not one near here, closest is Chicago. Karmanos is where Matt is being treated and they are one of the top in the country. We attend support group and a few of the patients are quite well off, have travelled extensively for consultations and were told they need to be at Karmanos. So we feel lucky to be there. I don't do much to get the pond ready fro winter really, just pull the pump and put in the aerator.
Thanks for the offers of help, I will keep them in mind!
Kathy

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"