Author Topic: Summer's end photos  (Read 2942 times)

Offline LynneNY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/06/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Summer's end photos
« on: September 06, 2010, 08:39:09 AM »
It's not been an easy summer for me - my mom was hospitalized twice in July, and I've been driving the 45 miles to my parents' house at least 2-3 times a week to take her to doctor's appointments every week since then. :-\  My salvation during this time has been my pond and my gardens. O0  On my rare days off from this schedule, I am out there cleaning things up or just regrouping by watching the fish.  o(  They have become so friendly, they let me PET THEM! o(:-)  Who ever knew that fish are petable?!?  It cracks me up! ;D

Here are some pictures that I took this past weekend.

The center fish here was a baby from this spring.

This froggie lives in my lizard's tail plant and just sat there for a long time while I was cutting the plant back.  The plant had been growing so nicely all summer and then all of a sudden, all of the leaves turned yellow and starting dying off. Thankfully, now that it's a bit cooler out the leaves are starting to grow back.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Summer's end photos
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 10:46:29 AM »
Your pond and garden are beautiful!  I didn't realize your pond was so large.  You must have been working very hard to keep it so clean and trim!  I hope your mum does better.

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 04:19:01 PM »
Your pond and gardens are gorgeous!
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline ponderer

• Members
  • With us since: 04/01/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 10:26:31 AM »
Everything looks great!

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 02:41:05 PM »
Wow, I'm speechless.  8-)~

Karen

Best wishes to your Mom.

Offline LynneNY

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 08:52:26 AM »
Thanks so much everyone for all your kind words and well wishes.  Gardening and this pond really are my salvation during the nice weather months, and I get "lost" out there each nice weather day, when I can.  Knitting is my indoor salvation, and is always with me when I am on the go.

Mom went to see the cardio-thorasic surgeon last week who did Bill Clintons's quadruple bypass surgery, Barbara Walters valve replacement recently, and also surgery on Mayor Koch of NYC.  Amazingly, my sister got mom an appointment with him rather quickly.  He is an extremely nice, patient, and thorough man!   He is supposed to get back to us, to tell us if she is a candidate for the clinical trial surgery where they replace valves doing it by catheterization rather than open heart surgery.  She would not survive the latter unfortunately...

All that said... the ^%$#&#* HERON was at our pond yesterday morning!!! {nono}  >:(  My husband saw it fly past the familyroom window while he was watching tv in there and ran out on the deck to chase it off!  I've been looking for the heron for a few weeks now, as this is the exact time of year that I started seeing it the past 2 years.  When the weather improves, and I have the time, I will go out there and try stringing fish line across the surface, but that will mean that I won't be able to go into the pond after that to clean out dead lily pads, etc.  #$^#@%& HERON!!! >:(-

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 11:35:59 AM »
#$^#@%& HERON!!! ticked off

I feel for ya!

Keep on losing!  Noticed your weight loss ticker  O0  What's your method to losing weight?

Offline LynneNY

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 12:03:41 PM »
Thanks Annette!

My method was to cut out ALL junk food - I was a pretty good junkie!  Plus I've cut out lots of fattening sauces and condiments - those calories really add up as well!  I'm not good at following planned diets, so this works well for me.  It's all about eating healthier, and I am thrilled that some of my old clothes fit so much better now.  Still have a way to go, but it's doable, though slow these days. 

With all the stress I have going on - not only my mom, but my son (27) is moving from here in NY (our house) to California next Saturday.  This move was just initiated 2 weeks ago, so it's been a lot to deal with suddenly.  And then there's my very bright college aged daughter who isn't doing what she should be at school... well it's been very hard for me to stay on task with losing weight, because I am a stress eater, but I have been pretty good so far.  Just up and down a lb. or two.

Thanks for noticing though! :)

Edit: OH WOW - I just noticed that you live in OC - he is moving to Irvine!!!  Have any tips or good places for him to go?!?
If it's easier, would you send me a message with any places you could recommend?  Thanks! 
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 12:06:07 PM by LynneNY »

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 04:47:29 PM »
He's moving in next door!  @O@  If I were his mom I'd worry him having too much fun!  :D  Seriously, he'll be fine.

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 05:16:29 PM »
 o(:-)  Beautiful...I can see why this keeps you grounded.

Offline LynneNY

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 07:51:28 PM »
Thanks Sue! 
WOW Annette!  When we visit him perhaps we can get together! O0

My friend, Lori, visited our pond for the first time the other day and took this picture with her cell phone -
 I think it's a nice action shot!

Offline emm

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 07:48:03 AM »
Your pond and gardens are beautiful Lynne.  Hope your mom is doing well.

emm

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"