Author Topic: There are Wonderful People out there!!  (Read 1887 times)

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
There are Wonderful People out there!!
« on: September 08, 2010, 12:05:49 PM »
Long story short, but some friends were watching my two dogs, and Friday morning they both got out and were only able to get one to come back.  After searching for 3 hours (hadn't left town yet) and absolutely no sign of her, I reluctantly gave up.  Anyway, got in town Sunday evening, and yesterday started by posting her on missingpets.com and visited the Indianapolis animal shelter to see if she had been turned in.  She had not.  At Bible study last night, I asked my group to pray for my dog and I.  This morning, I received an e-mail from someone watching on missingpets.com, she said she was off today, and would look for her and I thought that was so nice.

Anyway, got a call this morning, and a family and next door Aunt about a mile from where my dog was lost had found her!  When I arrived, their Aunt (Rosemary) was kneeling down, comforting my dog until I had arrived.  They had given her food and water and a comfortable place to sleep last night.  She had been missing for four days, and was covered in burrs, but not at all injured...just shaking becuase she was so scared.

Too often we hear about how bad people treat each other and our furry friends, but I was so inspired at the outpouring of support from complete strangers, I immediately was reminded of my AP family.

I was struggling and hurting so much, I couldn't bear the thought of sitting down and typing out to all of you the pain I was feeling.  I am so glad that pain has turned into joy and can share it with you.

Loony, Oceanbum:  You may remember from the Cincinnati pond tour...this is the same dog...I was going to Cincinnati last weekend...and it was Labor Day weekend, again!!!  The coincidence was certainly uncanny!!!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 12:07:56 PM by Brian »
Greenwood, Indiana Zone 5-6
"umop ap!sdn w,I aw dlaH"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: There are Wonderful People out there!!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 12:19:28 PM »
Hmmm, I didn't think there was such a thing as a coincidence... ;)  anyway, Brian, what a wonderful story and a happy ending too!  Thanks for sharing it with us.  I think there are more good folks out there than bad or indifferent, but they don't get the headlines do they?
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

Offline 2vetts

• Members
  • With us since: 18/08/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 12:44:56 PM »
sir , i am very happy that you and your dog are back together . that being said , i'm extremely stressed emotionally about what my final days are going to be like [don't jump to conclusions] and have had more and more trouble believing in religion last few years . your bible class praying about your dog really distresses  me . it bothers me to pray for an individual because there are huge numbers of people starving , being bombed by bushes troops , suffering from floods , etc. i just don't know how one singles out an individual person or personal event to pray for without feeling dirty about it .

Offline livetogarden

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 01:22:25 PM »
This is a nice pleasant outcome. So happy for you, Brian. I have had pets who wandered off so know your hurt.

Let's please not turn this in to another argument about 'prayers'....Brian simply stated that he asked for prayers for his dog to return, I'm sure he didn't post that to be a dig to anyone. Some believe in prayers, some do not....just a reminder....if you don't have the same belief as someone else just pass by the post rather than risk a fiasco like we've had in the past.
zone 5b

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 02:10:27 PM »
Thanks Brian for sharing the happy outcome.

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 03:39:36 PM »
I bet it was emotional for you!  After reading your post Brian I am so glad all came out well. 

Offline perplexed ponder

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 04:09:45 PM »
 ;D Oh Brian I am soooo happy for you! Anyone who has had a pet go missing can certainly understand. They are members of our families.
Kathy

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 03:04:00 PM »
PM to 2 Vetts.

Offline Loony

• Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 11:38:03 AM »
Brian, that dog is more like a cat with nine lives! Glad you got her back.

Offline 2vetts

• Members
  • With us since: 18/08/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 09:50:11 AM »
''wonderful people out there'' , sir, it's recently been pointed out to me i'm not one of those people . actually , had anyone asked i could have told them that .

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 07:41:12 PM »

2Vetts
Because we aren't supposed to discuss religion on the open forum,  in a PM, I gave you my interpretation of what Brian was talking about. No offense was taken by me with what you said about prayer. My feeling was that you were also expressing your thoughts and that's OK by me as long as you weren't knocking Brian. My opinion is that you were not.

You were concerned with the huge amount of suffering in this world that involves human beings and to you maybe suffering because of a pet seems trivial. I understand that. Many of us see things differently when it comes to animals. I'm probably in the middle when it comes to pets. Mine don't eat off the table. At least when I'm looking. But they do sleep in my bed. If one of them should come up missing, I'd sure be concerned and maybe even feel like I was suffering. I'm sure I'd head to my friends on this forum and whine a bit, certain that many of these folks would be sympathetic.

Another thing, I got the impression and maybe I'm wrong, but wondered if you thought Brian wasn't concerned about these other things that are so terrible in this world. I don't think that is so at all. He just happened to be telling us in this thread about his dog.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"