Author Topic: Free Google phone!  (Read 1052 times)

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Free Google phone!
« on: September 11, 2010, 11:46:46 PM »
If you have a Google Gmail account, you can use the call phone in the Gmail page to call anywhere (landlines, cell phones, etc.) in the US and Canada for free.   @O@
You just need to download an application and bingo it's too easy.  Free Video calls, too, when I look appropriate.  :o ::)

I've been chatting up a storm from my computer.  Oh, btw, you do need a microphone (I have a camera w/mic) to chat.  Works for me!

Offline Indiana Karen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Free Google phone!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 06:59:36 AM »
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't know about that.

We use Skype for all of our long distance calls.  It was free at first too, now we pay, but not much.  All of our calls are long distance, even our closest neighbor.   Our cell phones don't work in the house, so Skype has saved us a lot.  I pay by the year, I'll have to check and see when my subscription runs out!  We have a little portable phone that also works for our landline phone.....wonder if it would work with Google.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 11:38:45 AM »
Cool, huh!?!  I'm in the same boat as you, Karen ....everyone is long distance and my cell phone doesn't work in my house.  I do use Skype video but it's nice to be able to call someone for free and tell them to get on skype or other video vice.

Offline LynneNY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/06/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 12:31:56 PM »
I just got a laptop for my birthday 2 days ago, and it has a camera and microphone so I am so excited that I'll be able to both use gmail calling and Skype.  My son was telling me about gmail calling just yesterday - I'm so glad about it, as he is moving cross country to California!

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 04:17:08 PM »
Happy Birthday, Lynne!  And a big welcome to your son moving to Cali! 

I'm not sure how long the free calls will last but I'm making sure I get to use it to the last drop  :D

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"