Author Topic: I lost most of my pictures.  (Read 1366 times)

Offline gander

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I lost most of my pictures.
« on: December 16, 2006, 05:28:03 PM »
I had a great picture of my pond and max my great nephew setting at the pond feeding the fish. It was a couple of years ago and my pond was covered with water lettuce. I have lost that pic and would love to find it. I know I had posted it on AWGS and Koiphen but cannot find it. Some people asked if they could save if for their desktop and I wonder if anyone has that picture? Thanks if advance.

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
Re: I lost most of my pictures.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 05:48:03 PM »
Sure hope you do find it, it was a great photo.  Norman Rockwell would have liked it.
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline emm

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 06:53:24 AM »
Gander, I do remember that photo.  I really hope someone might still have it for you.  I'm sure you've tried just about everything by now.  When my sister's computer crashed she took it to a computer repair shop and they were able to retrieve all the photos they had stored on it.  Think it cost about $120 Cdn. but it was well worth it for them.  Good luck with your quest.  emm

Offline Timgod

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Members
  • Houston, Texas Zone 9
  • With us since: 13/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Timgods Graphics
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 08:58:15 AM »
When you say "lost", what exactly do you mean? Did you have a drive crash? If so it is possible to bring them back through a software solution. I had a 120 gig drive that was 85% full crash after only six months of use. I was able to recover almost 100% of my data with Ontrack EasyRecovery™ DataRecovery software. I had a wedding I had photographed as well as 6 months of photos that covered several major family and holiday events. I foolishly had not backed up thinking that since it was a new drive I would have no problems...NOT. Compared to data recovery professionals who charge thousands of dollars for a small drive, this solution was a lifesaver.
Tim
On a quest for the elusive lilies...

Offline gander

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 11:20:06 AM »
 my computer crashed and I restored it wiping it clean. I knew the forums had my pics on them and then they crashed too about the same time and I could not recover them.

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 05:49:20 PM »
Gary, do you have a CD or DVD burner? If you had a CD burner, you can format a CD to work like a floppy disk so you can back all your photo up on that. My wife and I have a second HDD in our computers and there use to be a third. That's where we back up all files and downloads. My most important software and file downloads get burned to CD or DVD.

Good luck,
Scott
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline Timgod

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Members
  • Houston, Texas Zone 9
  • With us since: 13/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Timgods Graphics
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 11:54:52 PM »
Ontrack can recover from a formatted hard drive but only if you had not filled it up by overwriting the original data. If it was really defragmented when it crashed, that lowers the percentage that is recoverable but it can still be worthwhile depending on how badly you want to recover the data.
Tim
On a quest for the elusive lilies...

Offline Kareen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2006, 03:54:54 PM »
I remember that picture Gary , I hope someone has it. Kareen

Offline jatfla

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2006, 07:05:50 PM »
I'm sorry that I can't help you now and others are offering some very good advice.  My hard-drive died after only about 2 yrs. All was lost, but I found that the pictures I had stored at Flickr were still there.  Silly me! 

I've started storing ones I really like to an online site such as that one.

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2007, 10:59:02 AM »
I remember that pic. Wish I could help you find it.

I keep all of my pics in several different places to prevent that from happening. I have a portable stick drive that I use to keep a copy of all my pics on my computer at work too. Every few months I burn a CD of everything from one of the machines. That way if something would happen to one of the machines I would still have the pics on the other machine, plus on the CD.
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline forqnc

• Members
  • With us since: 14/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2007, 05:44:33 PM »
I remeber the picture Gary, have you tried Dale and Patti to see if they hosted it on there website?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"