Author Topic: Remember to keep Esther in your thoughts  (Read 3022 times)

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Remember to keep Esther in your thoughts
« on: November 30, 2010, 04:55:12 PM »
and prayers.  I saw on Facebook that her father passed away.  Hugs and prayers to you and your family Esther in the days ahead.   :hug:
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline emm

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Remember to keep Esther in your thoughts
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 04:24:09 AM »
My condolences to you and your family Esther.
emm

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 05:16:39 AM »
Condolences to you and yours.
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

Offline tugo

• Members
  • With us since: 07/07/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Tugopond
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 08:11:40 AM »
My condolences to you and your family.

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 08:55:51 AM »
Bless you and your family.

Offline tweetybaby2005

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
  • Proud mom to a child with Autism
  • With us since: 21/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gifhttp://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gif
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 01:43:28 PM »
My condolences to you and your family.

Kuan

Offline Reedman

• Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 02:09:57 PM »
Sorry for your loss Esther . . .
Reedman

1300 gallon pond - midnight & regular shubunkins/sarassa comets/white comets/rosy red minnows.

Offline tammie

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 02:11:13 PM »
I'm so sorry Esther...Please take care of yourself too.
Tammie

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 04:14:54 PM »
Oh Esther, I am so sorry.  I remember what a trooper your Dad was when he had the accident.  I will be thinking of you and your family.

Take care  :hug:
Karen
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 06:57:44 AM by Indiana Karen »

Offline Marie Fisher

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 04:40:34 PM »
Esther, so sorry about your Dad.  May God be with you and your
family.

Marie

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2010, 06:06:44 PM »
Esther,
I am so sorry to hear about your dad's passing.  We both know where he is now, but it is still difficult nonetheless.  You're in my prayers.
Greenwood, Indiana Zone 5-6
"umop ap!sdn w,I aw dlaH"

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2010, 06:12:43 PM »
Thanks KZ for posting this, and thanks for your concerns and prayers.

My dad was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer about 3 years ago but it only began to be a threat in the last maybe 3 weeks but they didn't get a doctor's opinion during the past year or more. Once he began hurting and not having any appetite, they determined he would not seek treatment. He would have been 90 in February.  I have been staying at my dad's 24/7 for a little over a week since Hospice was called in. It became obvious my 88 year old stepmother of 6 years couldn't handle it alone. I did the medicating and slept on their couch where daddy was in a hospital bed. He passed Tuesday between 12AM and 3AM. Saturday he interacted with the Hospice aid very well and was very verbal but Sunday he didn't speak at all and wasn't moving except his arms to show frustration. The Monday RN said his heart was racing way faster than normal and his heart wouldn't stand that pace very long. And it didn't. He peacefully exited his earthly shell and joined my mom and Braeden,  while I was sleeping.

The visitation is tomorrow and the funeral Friday.

Here is a link to the Funeral Home which posted the obituary.  http://www.funeralquestions.com/obits/pederson/memorial.asp?listing_id=164633 

Guessing this was taken maybe late '42, or soon after.  They tell me I was 3 months when he left for the service and I was born October 1942.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 06:22:19 PM by Esther »

Offline purplepshn2004

• Members
  • me
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2010, 10:06:49 PM »
So sorry Esther.  My condolences.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2010, 04:30:22 AM »
You are welcome Esther.  I am so sorry for your loss and so thankful that he passed peacefully.  What a reunion there must have been when he joined Braedon and your mom.   o(:-)
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

Offline Oceanbum

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2010, 06:58:56 AM »
So sorry for your loss, Esther. I'm sure it was a very joyous reunion indeed! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.  o(:-)
Becky

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2010, 09:18:47 AM »
Continued blessings to you and your loved ones, Esther.  Your dad was a beautiful man who helped raise a beautiful child in you.

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2010, 09:47:54 AM »
Today will be tiring. Visitation is at 2-4 and then at 6-8. I was up late last night trying to get together a few pictures and label them + put together a timeline story of his oil company from '58 to about '84. He was the Gulf oil distributor here in Grand Rapids. My dad was working during the winters hauling fuel oil to homes. During the rest of the year he worked with his father on the farm. Around '58, our barn burned. It was more of a storage type barn with no cattle stalls. But was full to the ceiling on one side with second cutting (the better of the two cuttings) hay and then on the other side was an elevated straw mow with tools underneath. At the end was a three segmented grainery full of oats and wheat. On the barn floor was the large tools like the combine, corn picker and elevator. A neighbor down the road and down the hill saw a bolt of lightning split and hit both ends of the barn at the beginning of a storm. Oddly no rain had even fallen. As we were so far from the nearest fire station, they were only able to save the chicken coop that was maybe 15' away. The burning beams under the grain smoldered for weeks and stunk something awful, like burnt oatmeal. Finally my dad put on his high boots, took a grain shovel and began shoveling the grain over while I soaked it with water. We finally put out the fire.

Anyway with the insurance check, he for the first time in his life had a chunk of money. So when Gulf offered the business to him, he took up the offer. He and my mom had never worked in an office in their life and had little knowledge of what it took to run a business. Fortunately one man already in the office for Gulf, accepted my dad's proposal to become his partner for free. Between them all, the business thrived and grew. My dad was a "working fool", it has been said. He would take the tanker home at night and get up at 3AM and drive an hour to Muskegon where the various fuels were stored and fill up the tanker and come back to Grand Rapids to be ready to "start work" at 8. My mom and I would leave home at 7 and go to the office where I took a bus to work at the bank at 8:30. I didn't want to work for my dad as I knew what he'd expect. Maybe if I had made different choices, I'd be retired from an oil company instead of a bank.

Around '83, mother and daddy retired to Florida and the business was eventually sold to a local fuel company named Crystal Flash. The rest of his life was spent volunteering at Christian camps, churches, and helping missionaries as much as he could. In fact many of you will remember when he was run over by a truck in 2005 while working at a  kid's camp. He never really regained his strength after that and couldn't drive. That was the beginning of the end for him I think. 

He was a man who served God, family, and mankind. He lived a long, hardworking, productive life.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 09:50:23 AM by Esther »

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2010, 06:34:03 PM »
So sorry, Esther.  He sounds like a wonderful person, and a fine father.

Offline perplexed ponder

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2010, 01:39:54 PM »
You are so blessed to have had him in your life. Let all those wonderful memories comfort you now.
Hugs to you and Pete
Kathy

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2010, 04:34:32 PM »
I'm very sorry to hear of the passing of your father.
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2010, 01:51:46 PM »
Did I say thanks for all the comforting prayers, thoughts and comments? My head is buzzing a bit but we are fine. Got a couple nice cards from APers and was totally surprised. So thoughtful.

Spent a couple days composing "thankyous" and addressing envelopes. Then the second day I spent searching the web or calling to get addresses. I have no idea what my stepmom will do and neither does she. But Michigan is not the place for an 88 year old lady who suffers from terrible sinus problems. So we'll just wait and see.

I've already plowed into "helping" hurting folks. One friend had a difficult surgery on her foot and had to stay off it. Another who lives near the first, father died Monday so made up double batches of spaghetti, salad, jello, rolls, and brownies to take to them today. I kept enough for supper though.

Everybody is busy this time of year so best withes everyone.

Offline Pondering

• Members
  • With us since: 14/03/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2010, 03:10:04 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear about your dad Esther {{{hugs}}}

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2010, 06:01:01 AM »
Guess I'd better get my upper plate adjusted. LOL.

Best WISHES.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"