Author Topic: Black out days can be a good thing....  (Read 911 times)

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Black out days can be a good thing....
« on: December 28, 2010, 05:37:14 PM »
We have had a break in the weather and today was a nice sunny day, although a bit chilly with the temps only getting into the mid 60s.  We have an annual pass to nearby Disneyland and because rain is supposed to hit us again tonight-tomorrow I suggested to the Fetching One that we spend the day at Disneyland since we haven’t been there in several months.  She then reminded me that most of most of December is blacked out with our passes and we can’t attend until after the new year.  We have the cheaper passes with all weekends, holidays and the months of July & August blacked out. 

Our landline phone connection and DSL died on Christmas but today the DSL has been coming back intermittently.  I went on-line to read our local newspaper and saw an article saying that for two days in a row Disneyland has had to close both parks (Disneyland and California Adventure) due to reaching their maximum attendance estimates, which is 75,000-80,000 people.   :o

I was reminded why we chose to get the cheap passes with the blacked out days…..  I hate crowds….
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline Indiana Karen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Black out days can be a good thing....
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 10:15:44 AM »
I feel like I live on another planet ..............temps in the 60's and hopping in the car to run over to Disneyland.  :P

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
Re: Black out days can be a good thing....
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 08:56:37 AM »
We are being punished a bit more today as it is only 50 outside this morning and breezy.  Hopefully it warms up a bit in a couple of days for the Rose Parade in Pasadena.
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"